Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere today

AMOCS

Apr 10, 2012
Where was the atmosphere in the North Stand today?

I know that the performance on the pitch was a bit of a damp squib, but come on today was horrendous.

The North Stand is meant to be the heart and soul of the stadiums atmosphere, where people can all get together and have a sing song. But it seems that it has lost it's soul.

It is not because of a massive influx of newbies, there are long term season ticket holders that just stand there and do bugger all.

WHERE HAS YOUR PASSION GONE?

There are small pockets in the north stand that try there hardest to get some noise going The NSK / The Bollox Crew & the Judge can stand up and hold their heads high. The rest of you need to have a bloody good hard look at yourselves, find your voices and sing up for the Albion, instead of sitting on here having a binfest.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
heard today to judge was abused for trying to get the singing going,jesus

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Where was the atmosphere in the North Stand today?

I know that the performance on the pitch was a bit of a damp squib, but come on today was horrendous.

The North Stand is meant to be the heart and soul of the stadiums atmosphere, where people can all get together and have a sing song. But it seems that it has lost it's soul.

It is not because of a massive influx of newbies, there are long term season ticket holders that just stand there and do bugger all.

WHERE HAS YOUR PASSION GONE?

There are small pockets in the north stand that try there hardest to get some noise going The NSK / The Bollox Crew & the Judge can stand up and hold their heads high. The rest of you need to have a bloody good hard look at yourselves, find your voices and sing up for the Albion, instead of sitting on here having a binfest.
Just said all that on the other thread.

AMOCS

Apr 10, 2012

Yes he was, it is about time some of the others who sit there sang as much as the Judge.

He is a passionate man, who loves the albion dearly.

There are others within the North, that try, however are constantly let down

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Yes he was, it is about time some of the others who sit there sang as much as the Judge.

He is a passionate man, who loves the albion dearly.

There are others within the North, that try, however are constantly let down

Well I never saw anyone abuse him, and I stand just behind him. A few people laughed when he variated the f*** off palace bit, to a long drawn out ffffuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk, but I saw no abuse !

AMOCS

Apr 10, 2012
there were some handbags directly after the game, not for his singing, but for another matter

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just as bad in the WSU. Some of the groups that are normally up singing before kick off didn't bother at all till the 2nd half. But really the WSU is the home for retired Goldstone North Stand and shouldn't be the main source of noise. That should be the North.

If you go in the North and don't sing...why? You must know that the atmosphere in there is supposed to make up for the worse views. And you're expected to make the noise not just listen to it.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I agree it was poor in the first half but it improved in the North during the second half.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Just as bad in the WSU. Some of the groups that are normally up singing before kick off didn't bother at all till the 2nd half. But really the WSU is the home for retired Goldstone North Stand and shouldn't be the main source of noise. That should be the North.

If you go in the North and don't sing...why? You must know that the atmosphere in there is supposed to make up for the worse views. And you're expected to make the noise not just listen to it.

The problem with the North Stand is it isn't like the Goldstone North stand. The Goldstone you had the old boys at the back (50 plus) and all us mid teens mid twenty all below them who created the atmosphere. Problem with the Amex North Stand is you've got all these old farts trying to relive their golden years and want to be in the middle of it all but dont want to sing as they find it cringeworthy now but expect everyone around them to sing but all these people won't sing as these old farts don't so these singers who want to sing won't as they feel like idiots singing as no one will join in.

There to many old people and youngters 6 -9 old who want to be in amongst it but don't want to sing. never had old and 6-7 year old kids in the middle of the goldstone.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The problem with the North Stand is it isn't like the Goldstone North stand. The Goldstone you had the old boys at the back (50 plus) and all us mid teens mid twenty all below them who created the atmosphere. Problem with the Amex North Stand is you've got all these old farts trying to relive their golden years and want to be in the middle of it all but dont want to sing as they find it cringeworthy now but expect everyone around them to sing but all these people won't sing as these old farts don't so these singers who want to sing won't as they feel like idiots singing as no one will join in.

There to many old people and youngters 6 -9 old who want to be in amongst it but don't want to sing. never had old and 6-7 year old kids in the middle of the goldstone.

I think a lot of people sit in the North as it's one of the cheapest tickets, I'm probably going to move to the North-West next year right next to the right side, as there is nothing on the left, if people sing no one else joins in.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I think a lot of people sit in the North as it's one of the cheapest tickets, I'm probably going to move to the North-West next year right next to the right side, as there is nothing on the left, if people sing no one else joins in.

I'm moving from north stand to North west corner when it's built :D

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

That's actually very well summed up, the north is full of people who want to be where atmosphere is, but who don't do anything to create an atmosphere.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Sometimes it has to come from the pitch first

Fans are the twelfth man so it should come from the fans before a ball is kicked !!

And the kids in the East out sing the West stand week in week out !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here