Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere in the North

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Fans in being loud when winning shocker.

Is there really any need for this thread every week? We know what the deal is - if Brighton play well, the fans are normally good, if they play badly the fans are pretty quiet.

With a handful of notable exceptions, that's how it is everywhere.

el punal

North was great, and the rest of the ground all seemed up for a bit of noise as well, just goes to show that the players switch it on and the crowd gets going, the crowd gets going and the performance seems to up!

shall we make singing compulsory:ascarf:
Have you heard my singing? I'll stick to twirling, thank you very much. :ascarf:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I sit in the middle of the north every week. You could hear a pin drop for the majority of the first half (and a drone from the PBC)

Rubbish, I agree after they had scored the equalizer. It do go a bit quiet, however it picked back up and there was some really good banter in the second half. I stand in the middle, like you said though you sit, says it all

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Well done to everyone in the North and well done to the stewards, for more relaxed stewarding:albion2::bowdown:

It seems that when we have a lower attendance the crowd are more up for it.

Maybe the fair weather fans have a detrimental effect on the crowd,or it could be last nights performance got the crowd going

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The atmosphere was good in the WSU as well... everyone found their voice last night.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It seems that when we have a lower attendance the crowd are more up for it.

Maybe the fair weather fans have a detrimental effect on the crowd,or it could be last nights performance got the crowd going

I think it was a bit of both. When the weather is bad, or at least cold, and there are three matches in a week, those who are not as keen tend not to turn up to all games. Whilst the crowd was certainly smaller than that for Brentford, it doesn't necessarily follow that the atmosphere will be worse, as those who went will in all likelihood be the most vociferous anyway. Singularly the biggest influence on the noise of the support will be what is happening on the pitch, rather than who sits where, and last night's superb display got the crowd going. With the possible exception of the Cardiff game, I think last night was the only home game that one could say was a truly fluid display. Tex was clearly MOM and I would think his performance would probably be the display of the season. O' Grady is now at last showing us what he is capable of - be fascinating to see what happens. Not a criticism - just an observation, - with just that shade more quality in the second half, as we counter-attacked, the final threaded pass would have netted a couple more goals. But give credit where it is due - a scintillating display, compared to the dross which we have had to put up with, but will it last in future league home matches?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Can somebody from the PBC explain the words to the Yankee Doodle song?
I still have no clue…is it about JFC?

Joined in with it at away games plenty of times, problem with it is the after final "Sussex's Blue & White" the next bit goes on too long, it could be cut in half and then into the next "Brighton".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So much this. I thought that tonight was the best atmosphere for a league game for two years, yet there are still people slagging each other off.

Me too…what the hell is going on with people, that was a really decent atmosphere for a midweek home match, before during and after our goals. Massive 'Albion' from the North after they equalised when we were all groaning that the inevitable capitulation after scoring was coming. The East Stand Upper even started a song last night!!! :albion2:

Thought the North Stand led the line pretty well. Thoroughly enjoyable evening. Really surprised to see some of the comments criticising our own supporters. We are just a weird set of fans….

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Me too…what the hell is going on with people, that was a really decent atmosphere for a midweek home match, before during and after our goals. Massive 'Albion' from the North after they equalised when we were all groaning that the inevitable capitulation after scoring was coming. The East Stand Upper even started a song last night!!! :albion2:

Thought the North Stand led the line pretty well. Thoroughly enjoyable evening. Really surprised to see some of the comments criticising our own supporters. We are just a weird set of fans….
Agreed that the North were generally excellent last night and WSU was buzzing too. Really looking forward to Sunday and what will be an even better atmosphere now that we have got a bit of pride back in our players and the club. The Amex will be rocking. We'll even get to experience a bit of a throwback with people in their seats and up for it more than 3 minutes before kick-off...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Agreed that the North were generally excellent last night and WSU was buzzing too. Really looking forward to Sunday and what will be an even better atmosphere now that we have got a bit of pride back in our players and the club. The Amex will be rocking. We'll even get to experience a bit of a throwback with people in their seats and up for it more than 3 minutes before kick-off...

I can't wait for a proper FANZONE experience... last nights effort was embarrassingly lame!

Tin foil FA Cups, half and half scarves, jesters hats, foam hands...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was it a better atmosphere because the "Day Trippers" all decided to stay at home and watch the National Television Awards ?

Here's my thoughts.

I think last night might, just might have been the turning point for the North Stand. There were occasions when the Police Box lot sang when the East side had already started something else, and in turn the other way round. BUT for the majority of the game when one started the other joined in and the difference was quite astonishing from where I am (WSU H)

And bearing in mind the amount of empty seats in the North if it can be like this it bodes well.

So in summary:

d4_444.jpg

Younger viewers may not know what the hell this means.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
The songs you could hear clearly from East Upper were longstanding Albion songs plus Ring of Fire. It just goes to show that if you sing stuff people know rather than some of the nonsense that comes out of the police box at times, you can get an atmosphere going

Good work to all concerned, particularly when we were holding on at the end

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
Can somebody from the PBC explain the words to the Yankee Doodle song?
I still have no clue…is it about JFC?

ok so this is how it goes

BRIGHTON , BRIGHTON
BRIGHTON , BRIGHTON
COME ON YOU BOYS IN STRIPES , COME ON YOU BOYS IN STRIPES
COME ON YOU BOYS IN STRIPES , COME ON YOU BOYS IN STRIPES
SUSSEX BLUE AND WHITE , SUSSEX BLUE AND WHITE
SUSSEX BLUE AND WHITE , SUSSEX BLUE AND WHITE

THEN THE YANKY DOODLE PART

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
The songs you could hear clearly from East Upper were longstanding Albion songs plus Ring of Fire. It just goes to show that if you sing stuff people know rather than some of the nonsense that comes out of the police box at times, you can get an atmosphere going

Good work to all concerned, particularly when we were holding on at the end

the pbc sang some good songs which every1 joined in with and when we sang sussex by the sea which people asked for and aload others..

**** sake stop slagging us off its bullshit we all support the same team and we slag eachother off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here