Atmosphere at the Withdene

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Atmosphere at the withdene yesterday was fantastic,at one stage i even heard the north stand trying to start a song and the south stand was rocking.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
yea i was in E block and a lot of us were really going for it! its so much more fun i just wish everyone would start singing, theres no reason not too, and if its gonna change at amex people are still going to have to start singing!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
ah i thought he was saying it was my first game lol - im season ticket holder and go away

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If any-one thinks that The Amex will not be a great atmosphere they are cuckoo IMO. Yes there will be quiet periods in matches but there are in every ground but just imagine yesterdays game at the new ground! The East stand will be as big as the South at the Withdean so the atmosphere in that stand alone will probably sound twice as loud even allowing for the family section. Now imagine the away fans under cover and the New North stand going mental.Thats without the main West stand....i reckon it will rock

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I was in the south stand and I wouldn't say it was 'rocking', but definately better than the average league game. West stand were trying to get songs going but only about three lads on the top row were really singing.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think Withdean definitely played its part yesterday. Their team were a bunch of overpaid, out of date mercenaries with an attitude problem whose manager had absolutely zero control over them, and who decided they weren't enjoying their day out - I think the surroundings certainly helped with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports