Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at the Amex

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No doubt our wonderful stewards stepped in as soon as there was any suggestion of trouble brewing and nipped it in the bud (or were they too busy telling people that its dangerous to stand?)

I didn't see any stewards in the immediate vicinity, so whether they were aware of what was happening or not I couldn't say to be honest. I take your point though, they do seem to be somewhat preoccupied with acting like the fun police rather than dealing with anything significant these days.

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't see any stewards in the immediate vicinity, so whether they were aware of what was happening or not I couldn't say to be honest. I take your point though, they do seem to be somewhat preoccupied with acting like the fun police rather than dealing with anything significant these days.
They let CCTV do all the work:rolleyes:
regards
DR

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's not for lack of desire I don't think it's a mechanical problem with the design of the stadium, the north is too long and thin, sound doesn't travel down it at all, never will.

Blame perry for the design it's his fault the noise doesn't travel that one of the key things I would get right is the acoustics
If I had designed the stadium. I would have also tried to buy Bennett's field. :drama:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
2 pound a pint and no women, over 65's or under 14's in the North and standing,swearing permitted and the North would be loud,very very loud.....just saying like.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I sit at the back of the left side of G in WSU so probably quite near you and can confirm it was great yesterday. My throat hurts this morning and so does my lads (probably because he had an additional mini meltdown at the ref!). However I have noticed then when it gets good in the WSU it's the old songs from the Goldstone that really get it going, probably because of how many aging faces there are in there from back in the day.

In the North it seems to be a competition between reinventing even older songs and making up entirely new ones. Rather than trying to be clever I do wish the two or more groups in there would come together to sing something simple and well known together. If you do that the noise level will go up, everyone will have a better time and the players will feel supported. Having a 'who's got the best song' competition is just proving you're the latest incarnation of Krispies.

Agree 100% on your point about singing the well known songs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yup. Were some right Charlton ********s on the train and in the WSL. They completely bottled it when I fronted one group who were abusing people in the concourse.

Interesting.
1) What were Charlton fans doing in the WSL when there were empty seats in the away end?

2) Did the stewards do anything when they were abusing people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here