Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere at the Amex comfortably the worst in the league

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
These words were sent to me by a colleague whose a sports journalist. ( and a Palace fan ! )
I'm in the North Stand and its usually noisy there but sections of the ground would make a library look noisy.

He has a point .

Tomorrow the difference will be the fans - Fulham are a complete side and possibly marginally better than us .

So are we going to make some noise tomorrow ?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
These words were sent to me by a colleague whose a sports journalist. ( and a Palace fan ! )
I'm in the North Stand and its usually noisy there but sections of the ground would make a library look noisy.

He has a point .

Tomorrow the difference will be the fans - Fulham are a complete side and possibly marginally better than us .

Yeah and palace are a better side who were ROBBED last week too after total domination against us.

What we need is a drum and a group everyone else thinks are bell ends.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes we can be a bit quiet. But in our favour it's an organic experience much like football always was.

Others, notably palace, have replaced this by manufactured nonsense, included drums and a megaphone and invented a totally false history of the club in order to try to generate some kind of euro 'atmosphere '. I'll pass.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Our home support is poor, mainly because of how quiet the WSL and ESL are…

But just off the top of my head, Southampton, Leicester & West Ham were incredibly quiet when we played them this season. Probably worse than us

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He has a point .

Netball? Sorry but i stopped treating that opinion with any respect at ‘Palace fan’’

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

He has a point .

If he's a sports journalist I hope he knows the difference between whose and who's.

But unless you write for a broadsheet or The Athletic I can't imagine he's a good sports journalist. If he was then he would have been to Arsenal, Fulham, Man City, West Ham and Bournemouth who are all far worse than the Amex. Old Trafford is always shit when we play them because they only turn up for big games, Leicester is all clackers and goal music and as for Palace...... :lolol: :wozza:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our home support is poor, mainly because of how quiet the WSL and ESL are…

But just off the top of my head, Southampton, Leicester & West Ham were incredibly quiet when we played them this season. Probably worse than us
Possibly them being utter shit this season, whereas we are supposedly meant to be having the best most exciting top flight season in our history.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Possibly them being utter shit this season, whereas we are supposedly meant to be having the best most exciting top flight season in our history.
When you say "meant to be" - we are. And the atmosphere at home to Chelsea and, to a lesser extent, Liverpool agrees with that statement.

Agree with the OP we need to bring some noise tomorrow. It's going to be a tough game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

He has a point .

I suppose he could be right, although we are quite noisy sometimes, like our game against Chelsea. Our away support is pretty good though.

That said your friend is a palace fan so it’s probably quite difficult for him to be objective, especially since we’ve just given them yet another footballing lesson and not one of their players would get on our bench let alone the team, because they’re all really shit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This old chestnut. I think the atmosphere at the Amex is fine and compares well to most places that we visit.

One thing I will say, is that the acoustics of the stadium are slightly weird and the North Stand is quite hard to hear from the South of the stadium in my experience. I'm in the WSU and the atmosphere is fine and I can hear both the North and South stands very well. Atmosphere in the WSU has been a little more subdued this season but it's still pretty good.

As for Palace we really only heard them after the disallowed goal and their joke of an equaliser. Poor effort from them to say the least.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I imagine we will make a lot of noise after every goal we score. So hopefully we will be very noisy for most of the match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When you say "meant to be" - we are. And the atmosphere at home to Chelsea and, to a lesser extent, Liverpool agrees with that statement.

Agree with the OP we need to bring some noise tomorrow. It's going to be a tough game.
Chelsea and Liverpool were unbelievable and performances reflected that.

Atmosphere for games like Forest, Villa, Bournemouth and to some degree Arsenal haven't got remotely close to replicating those.

Absolutely tomorrow is a tough game, but I'm going to put it out there now, unless we score early it's going to be in the Bournemouth atmosphere column rather than Chelsea or Liverpool one. Hopefully I am wrong, I'll have a couple of Harvey's to try to do my bit!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

He has a point .

Shocked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here