Atmosphere at Selhurst Park

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

Exactly almost willing Palace to score

I am glad it wasn't just me to hear it, i just wish i could remember their exact quotes through the game.

What did make me laugh was how they were licking Zaha balls all night and then Zaha had to present our Liam with the MOM award.

:clap::clap:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The sky commentary seemed heavily biased towards palace to the point i nearly switched the sound down. Do you know who was commentating?

No I don't know. To be honest I can't remember listening to the commentary much at all. I remember they were full of praise for us in the first half though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently we were a disgrace, didn't sing at all, couldn't hear us....blah, blah, blah.
What a load of balls, Brighton fans were singing plenty, but they did stop to watch the game quite a few times, which is hardly surprising given how important the game was.

Apparently the banner that the "HF" did was confiscated! :lolol:
:lol: probably the usual homophobic drivel.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They clapped a lot, and were clearly singing but impossible to hear what they were singing due to that infernal drum.

Palace, you really need to get rid of it. Do any of your fans like it? ???

Thankfully all instruments are BANNED at the AMEX in the ground regs.

Oh, and glad you've dropped the goal music. Well, I assume you have :lolol:

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
I was in the away stand and can confirm we were very loud for the majority of the game. So much so that couldn't really hear the palace fans apart from that bloody drum!

On a separate note forgot what a sh**hole selhurst is. Worst view watching a football match in a long time. Bloody pillars!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think this must be one of those curious 'stadium acoustics' things then as, from our spot above the Whitehorse, Palace were very impressive - best crowd I've heard all season. I think [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] said the same and last night was his 50th game of the season.

If Palace and Albion were singing at the same time, our support was completely drowned out - which you'd expect given the difference in numbers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As has been said on the other thread, you're either deaf or don't know the difference between our songs and theirs. I could hear our fans all through the game

Both sets sounded quite good on TV in Manchester, where it was all Albion apart from one (very quiet) Palace fan.

The highlight in the pub was when a bouncer was chucking out a drunk, who got his trousers caught in the door on the way out, and fell flat on his face with his trousers by then round his ankles.

Marvellous scenes.

It's up to us now to make it an even better atmosphere Monday, even if it can improve our chances of winning by 0.1% through creating an intimidating environment, every true Albion fan knows it is our duty, it is in our genes, to bust a gut making some noise that we will never forget.

This could be the most memorable night in the Amex of our lives, Hereford and Doncaster were both relief, this could be glory, Wembley, and defeating Palace to do it will be something that will bring a smile to your face until you're in your grave.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What a load of balls, Brighton fans were singing plenty, but they did stop to watch the game quite a few times, which is hardly surprising given how important the game was.

:lol: probably the usual homophobic drivel.

Homophobic ?
I sit in the next block to them and caught a quick peek at the banner, and it mentioned something about Triggaaar sticking his quotes up his arse !!
Great atmosphere, from where I was sitting, I couldn't hear you very much, apart from the Murray injury and right near the end.
You are certainly in the driving seat now, we need to start with 2 wingers and take the game to you.
Not too optimistic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Homophobic ?
I sit in the next block to them and caught a quick peek at the banner
Are you not one of the always ultras then?
and it mentioned something about Triggaaar sticking his quotes up his arse !!
Wow, that is Ultra of them.
Great atmosphere, from where I was sitting, I couldn't hear you very much, apart from the Murray injury and right near the end.
Yeah I'd heard that your fans thought we made more noise then - it's probably because Palace went quiet while worrying about Murray, so suddenly we were the only ones making noise.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Are you not one of the always ultras then?
Wow, that is Ultra of them.
Yeah I'd heard that your fans thought we made more noise then - it's probably because Palace went quiet while worrying about Murray, so suddenly we were the only ones making noise.

Thanks for the multi quotes Trig !

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Both sets sounded quite good on TV in Manchester, where it was all Albion apart from one (very quiet) Palace fan.

The highlight in the pub was when a bouncer was chucking out a drunk, who got his trousers caught in the door on the way out, and fell flat on his face with his trousers by then round his ankles.

Marvellous scenes.

It's up to us now to make it an even better atmosphere Monday, even if it can improve our chances of winning by 0.1% through creating an intimidating environment, every true Albion fan knows it is our duty, it is in our genes, to bust a gut making some noise that we will never forget.

This could be the most memorable night in the Amex of our lives, Hereford and Doncaster were both relief, this could be glory, Wembley, and defeating Palace to do it will be something that will bring a smile to your face until you're in your grave.
Like. Think I may have a new signature there when I can be aresed to get onto a computer.

Maverick

Jun 1, 2011
I was sitting two rows behind the palarse dugout and to be fair I thought they were really noisy!! I guess it does depend on where you are sitting as when I was in with the Brighton fans last time, you could only really hear yourselves. We were still quite noisy though but did get drowned out once palarse starting singing.

Bring on Monday!!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought it was a great atmosphere. Fair play to Palace they were very loud, the drum was annoying as hell, but they got behind their team particularly second half. We were in full voice too and at times did drown out their lot on the odd occasion. It had the air of a full blooded cup tie about it and was all the better for it. One thing I would say, is that inside the ground the atmosphere was an awful lot less poisonous than usual, can't say I was too disappointed by that either.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Homophobic ?
I sit in the next block to them and caught a quick peek at the banner, and it mentioned something about Triggaaar sticking his quotes up his arse !!
You are certainly in the driving seat now, we need to start with 2 wingers and take the game to you.
Not too optimistic.
That worked a treat last time.

:lolol:

The atmosphere was crackling last night from both sets of fans. But Feck me it was a Play-off semi against bitter rivals.

First time in years that I 've heard the Palace fans sing at Selhurst - they did well considering the shite their team served up - ale house football - put it the mixer. Should they reach the Prem then they will be an embarrassment playing like that.:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports