Atmosphere at man City.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Always comes with success, if you get used to seeing your team win comfortably at home all season, same happened at Chelsea. Used to go to Stamford Bridge a few times in the 90's when it was Wise, Zola etc and they had the best atmosphere in the Prem, loads of songs. Nowadays its terrible, just grown men with silly homemade banners.

Brighton prolly learnt from City, i think when they moved to the new stadium, they didn't try and sell a certain stand like we have with the North. And the singers had nowhere to congregate.

But they have a dedicated singing section. A specific, official place to congregate.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Personally I would hate to sit/stand in the North Stand, I love to sing at games, but want to watch too, I have a bloody loud voice and try to get things going in the WSU and sometimes me and a couple of people around will get the odd song started.

However due to the fact there are not many like minded people around me theres only so many times I want to stand up and sing and for 10 people to join in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Of course, if you were a Manchester City fan, this thread would be mere water off a duck's back.

It'd be likely to be seen with some validity as sour grapes from fans of a club that can't get into the Premier League towards fans of a club that have won the competition in the past two years.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Of course, if you were a Manchester City fan, this thread would be mere water off a duck's back.

It'd be likely to be seen with some validity as sour grapes from fans of a club that can't get into the Premier League towards fans of a club that have won the competition in the past two years.

Well if those Man City fans had not the rationale to understand this thread is about atmosphere not success, then I would suggest they were a few pennies short of a pound.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
North Stand is shit for view and being able to tell what's going on in the game (usually cos I'm too busy jumping around and screaming to really pay any attention) but the atmosphere is top notch. WSU doesn't look amazing, I glance over and usually you all seem so be sat there in silence.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
North Stand is shit for view and being able to tell what's going on in the game (usually cos I'm too busy jumping around and screaming to really pay any attention) but the atmosphere is top notch. WSU doesn't look amazing, I glance over and usually you all seem so be sat there in silence.

Suppose it depends where in the North Stand. Trouble with behind the goal is it's always difficult seeing the action down the other end and the same goes with any ground. WSU doesn't do it for me because a) the atmosphere is hit and miss and b) you have to be towards the front of the tier to get a decent look at the game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well if those Man City fans had not the rationale to understand this thread is about atmosphere not success, then I would suggest they were a few pennies short of a pound.

But having 'atmosphere' is a mere booby prize for not being successful, just like TheMajor's obsession with attendances has been a mere booby prize for the fact Palace have held the whip hand over Brighton in terms of playing success.

Don't get me wrong. I support Brighton, successful or not. I just find the willy-waving over perceived 'atmosphere' from people watching a game on TV a bit daft.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
But having 'atmosphere' is a mere booby prize for not being successful, just like TheMajor's obsession with attendances has been a mere booby prize for the fact Palace have held the whip hand over Brighton in terms of playing success.

Don't get me wrong. I support Brighton, successful or not. I just find the willy-waving over perceived 'atmosphere' from people watching a game on TV a bit daft.

Haha, TheMajor - that's one crazy obsession. Atmosphere though, whether premier league or league two, is always (in my view) a very important aspect of the game and certainly worth the chit chat and comparisons, regardless of club success. I respect and partly agree with your point though, GR :thumbsup:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We are a reactionary crowd, always have been, if nothings happening we do/say nothing.

Stick us in with a passionate away following or have a spell like the second half 10 minutes v Derby and we're off.

That's certainly the way I see it. Hopefully with the win on Saturday there will be a better atmosphere this week. But the Derby game was very flat apart from those ten minutes in the second half. I think the team will start to play better and the crowd will start to as a result.

I also think that in a weird way we miss CMS. His post-game walkround helped the atmmosphere I think and his presence and public statements about how important the crowd were spurred the fans on a bit. I think there's a role for the players to a degree as well to get the fans going when they are not plaing well and need the support.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Haha, TheMajor - that's one crazy obsession. Atmosphere though, whether premier league or league two, is always (in my view) a very important aspect of the game and certainly worth the chit chat and comparisons, regardless of club success. I respect and partly agree with your point though, GR :thumbsup:

:smile:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Withdean was the best of both worlds, good view of the game and a collection of vocalists in Block H. Simpler times.

A collection of nobheads more like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports