Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At what point should Potter be sacked?

boik

I have asserted before that prior to his appointment Potter's reputation was largely manufactured than reflected reality. In Sweden he was supposed to have brought a small club into the top division without any money - yet the chairman of the club was convicted for fraud for secretly funneling money into the club. His reputation was based primarily on one win over Arsenal. At Swansea he took a team that was gutted to mid-table in the Championship - a decent job but nothing really to write home about.

Now - this does not mean that he is not a good manager - the jury is still out on that one. The problem I see is that Potter's teams play a certain way - it nice passing football - but it also looks like the other managers in the PL have figured out how to play against Brighton. To me 4 wins in 26 games is a demonstration of this fact. The question now is Potter capable of adapting - this is a decent squad and has improved again this season - time will tell if he can maximise their potential and get some results over the next two months.

Other teams haven't figured us out tho have they? They're not stopping us creating chances, we're just not taking them and that's something we have control over. That is why I am still optimistic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Other teams haven't figured us out tho have they? They're not stopping us creating chances, we're just not taking them and that's something we have control over. That is why I am still optimistic.

Agreed.....Palace ‘worked us out’ to the extent we had 20+ shots to their none, and it wasn’t that dissimilar v Burnley. We’ve conceded sloppily at times, and failed to put away enough of the chances we’ve created.....not really any more complicated than that IMO.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1325501337916878849

EmSdLHYXEAAN_1Y.jpeg

What are we trying to do? Win a match at home finally? Or something else?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
June 1st 2024 when we have failed to retain the Champions League trophy after losing on penalties to Crystal Palace....... no that's a bit too far fetched...... after losing on penalties to Swindon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some people on here have said that if the club is relegated Potter should be kept as manager - but it has to be remembered that it is very unlikely that Dunk, White, Lampety, Lallana, Bissouma, Trossard, Wellbeck, or even Maupay, Alzate, Connolly, Webster and Veltman would be willing to stay with the club in the Championship. Relegation would gut the squad and require a major re-build.

Losing just the 12 players wouldn’t be the end of the world.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'm gobsmacked that there are genuinely people that want potter to go. We're playing the best team football I've ever seen in 45 years of watching. Sometimes when the opposition are closing one of our players down, the way we escape with 2 or 3 quick passes makes me purr. We are creating loads of chances and not conceding many. No-one has given us a schooling. We have a host of young players learning their craft and Lallana and now Welbeck to guide them. Some of the interplay between the front three looked very promising. We are a few goals away from being an extremely good team. Sacking Potter would be madness.

This. Be patient, everyone!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm sure TB will be ready if he thinks a change is required

TB is no mug punter , without the moaning/booing hordes of Falmer to underline the fact we are , to say the least , goal shy ......he may be prepared to ride his luck until Jan and splash out on a more effective striker if current options don't produce ...........he has us playing good football , we just need to score more goals ...obviously.

TB is no mug punter , without the moaning/booing hordes of Falmer to underline the fact we are , to say the least , goal shy ......he may be prepared to ride his luck until Jan and splash out on a more effective striker if current options don't produce ...........he has us playing good football , we just need to score more goals ...obviously.

Really? BHA haven’t been prepared to pay for a top striker in 4 years, so it’s not going to happen In January. In January prices are over inflated & a top forward won’t come to a club looking over their shoulder to the Championship. It will be a player from some minuscule European League or a player from the UK recovering from injury.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can someone please send me membership for the Potter Out brigade? I regrettably feel compelled to join

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here