Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At Priestfield....

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
what song did we run out to? I'm pretty sure it wasn't SBTS but can't remember for sure. Its been niggling away at me all day. HELP.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
John Baine and Paul Samrah wanted 'f*** the Police' by NWA but I think Martin Perry vetoed it....But I seem to recall 'we;ve got to get out of this place' by the Animals getting constant airplay when we played in the garden of England.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Was played yesterday pre match - guess we will hear it more often as Falmer approaches

Was it really that one? I remember them playing that song but don't remember the team running out to it. (You meant the animals right?:blush:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the garden of England.

You forgot the "compost heap of the..." at the start of that :thumbsup:

How sad it was to see the Gills lose the battle of Kent's Crappest Towns to Dover yesterday (and boy is there some stiff competition in that event) :lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
Don't know about run out music but I always remember after one particularly woeful home defeat they played the Manics song "if you tolerate this, then your children will be next" at the final whistle.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I can't remember but that pub next to the station was a right fookin dive - that's my main memory of Gillingham. I've got a mate at work who supports the Gills and after the game against Woking I was dreading the banter on Monday. Until I saw the Gills result. Priceless. :lolol:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely ran out to GOSBTS but We shall come home by the Oyster Band was played a lot as was Tubthumper. One of my favourites was an announcement that Archer was in hospital being followed by Funeral Pyre.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
What was the name of that pub we used to go in. I remember the land lady putting on a buffet for us after the last game. I think they were really sad to see us go! Maybe we should send them a Falmer postcard to put behind the bar.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
They played some record by Chunder Wonder or some such name, who became famous for throwing the contents of an ice bucket over John Prescott. The team did not come out to that record but they played the damn thing almost every game, I became quite sympathetic towards Mr Prescott.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What was the name of that pub we used to go in. I remember the land lady putting on a buffet for us after the last game. I think they were really sad to see us go! Maybe we should send them a Falmer postcard to put behind the bar.

You're probably thinking of the Roseneath. Sadly it's now closed down.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
GOSBTS was played as the teams ran out. Songs such as Tubthumping, We Shall Come Home by Oysterband and the Animals' 'We've Gotta Get out of This Place' were played after the final whistle.

Cricketers was nearest the ground but we took a coach up most games and did a few pubs each game,took 4 coaches up to the doncaster game:thumbsup: really sad to leave to be honest would have been happy to stay there till falmer but hey:shrug: what do i know:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here