Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] astronomy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what sort of equipment are you using to get view like that with light? id like to get into astronomy on low budget but put off because i think nearby light will ruin it (only a couple of street lights nearby)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
what sort of equipment are you using to get view like that with light? id like to get into astronomy on low budget but put off because i think nearby light will ruin it (only a couple of street lights nearby)

Go on eBay and get a cheap DSLR Nikon are always good around £200

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Nikon-D340...Lens-Black/11032158597?iid=133291875117&rt=nc

Get a stand and get a clicker button so you don’t need to touch the camera. Then join an astronomy club or go out with a meet-up group and learn about aperture, iso and timer. Once you get those three elements in your mind nothing will stop you!

And YouTube’s pretty good for tutorials

https://youtu.be/WIJ0u4w4YU8

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I was using a pentax k70 which is a enthusiast DSLR camera usinga TAMRON 17-50 f2.8 lens (lets a lot of light in). The picture was taken over 30 secs at ISO. The K70 has an advantage in that it has a built in astrotracer which helps reduce/stops star trails.

A lot of the art in taking night sky pictures is how you post process them to tease out the light even further. Let me know if you want more info...my pics are all trial and error on cold, dark(ish) nights. Here's one you might like.

IMGP5327.jpg

edit: it looks crap as had to save as very low quality i will try for something else in a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here