Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don't underestimate the reach of Swansman.....
Pizza Cutter Sneaks A Slice GIF by ViralHog

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
yeah it is a bit of a strange one - the only PL game of this season with no pressure on it for a result- what could be less surprising than playing all our youngsters in and giving our key players ( our valuable assets!) a much needed break.

A very young line up -Totally in line with RDZs approach to encouraging squad development.

Surprised why anyone would think Gross wouldn’t captain from the right back and give Dunk a much needed rest too - esp now we have Colwill and Webster and Veltman all finally fit again.
I am surprised we are playing two right backs in Veltman and Gross (sort of) and not a left back. If we are resting Dunk and Pervis, why not play the new young full backs coming through? (No idea who they are but presume there are some)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am surprised we are playing two right backs in Veltman and Gross (sort of) and not a left back. If we are resting Dunk and Pervis, why not play the new young full backs coming through? (No idea who they are but presume there are some)
Colwill will play LB

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Might RDZ be trying a three at the back formation? A fluid 3-5-2 might be worth a giggle
Back to GP days?

RDZ is already having to build on Potter's favoured three at the back system, rather than his preferred own 4-2-3-1.

Pervis Estupinan is the only obvious option on the left with Joel Veltman and Tariq Lamptey on the right, but with both those out for extended periods this season (then Webster too) we have needed to lift Gross and Caicedo from their normal midfield positions at various times.

If we have managed to qualify for Europa and beat big 6 teams by squeezing round players into square holes, imagine where we’d be if RDZ got the money for a couple of FBs over the summer 🙂

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not risking Caicedo because a sale is imminent? Then again Ali Mac is starting and will probably be first out of the door:unsure:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Back to GP days?

RDZ is already having to build on Potter's favoured three at the back system, rather than his preferred own 4-2-3-1.

Pervis Estupinan is the only obvious option on the left with Joel Veltman and Tariq Lamptey on the right, but with both those out for extended periods this season (then Webster too) we have needed to lift Gross and Caicedo from their normal midfield positions at various times.

If we have managed to qualify for Europa and beat big 6 teams by squeezing round players into square holes, imagine where we’d be if RDZ got the money for a couple of FBs over the summer 🙂
Colwill will play LB

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
that’s my point… why not play a new young left back coming through rather than an established CB who might be ok at left back

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I thought he did ok and was unlucky v City.
Does look a bit lightwight but still very young.
City was the first time (apart from him being very good technically) where I could see the signs. I don't think him on the right works. He has no right foot and just comes inside making our play narrow. He doesn't hug the line like March. He needs more games to get more used to the PL so I'm happy him, Ayari and even Undav are starting.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
that’s my point… why not play a new young left back coming through rather than an established CB who might be ok at left back
We don’t have any except Furlong who is out on loan and looks nowhere near the level required from everything I’ve seen of him.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
They've got Gross at RB now - Veltman at LB. Webster always seems to have a dodgy game coming back in. Shame no Caicedo alongside Mac Allister - be nice to see possibly our best ever CM pairing together one last time.

Overall thoughts on that line-up? Gulp.........................!
In RDZ we trust 😂👍

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It’s probably

Spurs have been getting their chances from the Refs this season. f*** them.
I get that's how we, the fans, feel. But I don't think throwing a game out of spite is something actual professionals do.

RDZ wants to win. The players want to win. You don't get to this level if you are indifferent to winning.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Have nearly all clubs moved away fans from directly behind the goal now other than us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here