[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Found a good stream. Great game to watch even if it was a bit nervy! Still opening them up with 10 men, but story of the season so far is the need to make better decisions in the final third. Hopefully Trossard will help with that when fully fit.

Really hope we can put a run of games together soon so we don't have to look over our shoulders. If we stay up I really think we're only 2/3 players short from Potter making us a SERIOUS top half team.

Need 4 points from the next couple of games going into a very hard run of fixtures after that.

:albion2:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Can't agree.

First one is silly kicking the back away. No need for it and deserved yellow.

Second one is clumsy and deserved yellow too.

Really frustrated with him today as it's cost us the game ultimately.

Having said that, he was MotM for me against Spurs, so I'll forgive him.

Onwards and upwards.

Plenty of positives from the game again all round. I'm still very happy with the direction our season is going in so far.

I thought the 1st was harsh as he was stopping them taking a quick free kick from the wrong place.
2nd was a bit naughty although Grealish wasn't really touched IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's so frustrating how many points we've thrown away this season either by poor finishing or ridiculous red cards. And all against bang average-shit teams. Villa, Saints, Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham. We should have beaten all five of those teams yet we've taken just three points from the games while the opposition have taken 9. It's bloody infuriating! Today's game was a real heart breaker.

Hopefully next week the players will be fired up and hand out an almighty thumping to Everton.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ironically Potter made some defensive substitutions to see the game out and we concead goals in stoppage time at the end of each half! We need to remain focused after battling for so long

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Beyond angry. Just... so... AAAAAAARRRRGGGH!

Burnley and now Villa. 3 points walking out the door in the final minute.

I genuinely think we'll be fine this season, as The Potter Project has barely started yet, but we have shipped so many points that looked there for the taking already. Looking at the table, we could be absolutely bloody flying if we'd put teams away when we had the chance.

Now what can I kick?

My cat's just put her tin helmet on.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Two individual actions (Andone and Mooy) have basically cost us 6 points this season so far. Huge. Could conceivably end up being the difference between staying up and going down.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don’t mean to be negative but all this talk of positives is great but is points that keep you up. That is a dreadful result losing to a team below us in the 94th minute as was dropping two points to Burnley in stoppage time. We are one point outside the relegation zone after a quarter of the season. We need points not plaudits for style otherwise we will sleep walk into relegation.

Oi. You know the rules. No speaking of the elephant in the room.

The reason people dont want to talk about this so called "elephant in the room" is because its ****ing stupid not being able to understand the circumstances, and most people arent that stupid. Its not a rule, its common sense.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
When Mooy went off we really needed Propper to step up. Instead he looked completely out of his depth. On the other hand thought Stephens did well. Produced Some great through balls

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have we got a single point this season that was not deserved? Losing 3 points in two games from extra time goals is just so gutting. We are due some luck soon

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
absolute ****ing bollocks.

Mooy was unlucky and has been playing well.

the only real difference today was Grealish was good ( whilst being a cynical wanker) and Propper was off form. he should have owned Grealish,

absolutely gutting result, our discipline IS a problem.

Propper shouldn’t have been a starter. Simple. Feel for alzate as he’s earned his starting spot. Seniority presides.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought the 1st was harsh as he was stopping them taking a quick free kick from the wrong place.
2nd was a bit naughty although Grealish wasn't really touched IMO.

Really? On both occasions if that was a player against us we'd be calling for his head. Correct decisions. Mooy is a petulant, foolish little boy, he lost us the game, until then we were in cruising mode. We werer lucky to keep Montoya on and he would have walked had we not been down to ten. Could you also imagine if that VAR disallowed goal had gone against us? Awful incidents.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two individual actions (Andone and Mooy) have basically cost us 6 points this season so far. Huge. Could conceivably end up being the difference between staying up and going down.

We’re going to need a lot more red cards to thwart Potterball I think. This was turning into another Potterball 3-0 special until Mooy retired red. Only Chelsea and Man City have given us a good seeing to this season. Teams like Southampton & Villa can’t rely on us going down to 10 men in each game we play - we’ll start clearing up the points soon.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Great effort from the whole team and I love Solly but my god he had one of his more infuriating games today. Put in a great shift but kept making the wrong decisions. And I also think we saw cleary why Duffy is no longer a starter. We needed to keep the ball at the end and a couple of times he just knocked it long when one of the others would have kept it.

I also think it was a mistake not to start Alzate or bring him on sooner. He’s so good.

On a positive, as one of his biggest critics at times, I must say Dale Stephens was just magnificent today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports