Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa team bus attacked

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I just think you're displaying a bizarre level of pedantry here.

Of course I, like anyone, will be well aware that not every single Burnley supporter is to blame for everything that any individual Burnley supporter may have done at any point. I'm well aware there will be decent law-abiding Burnley fans who will be appalled what some fans get up to in the name of their club.

And there will be things that some Albion fans do that are utterly knobbish. And some people, maybe fans of other clubs, will point and say "look at what Brighton fans did/said/whatever". I really don't care that I come under the umbrella term of "Brighton fans".

But if fighting the good fight of decent Burnley fans is a cause you're into - fill your boots!
It’s more that I’m not interested in tarnishing groups of people for the actions of a few. We’ve been here before with football. Doesn’t matter though. If BHA fans really are so superior then I will take your word for it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s more that I’m not interested in tarnishing groups of people for the actions of a few. We’ve been here before with football. Doesn’t matter though. If BHA fans really are so superior then I will take your word for it.
Why are you doing this?

Please highlight where I said Albion fans are "so superior", or similar.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Yes you are.

“White Lives Matter” banner during Covid. Fans next to Johnny and Warren shouting things like “f**k off you poof” every time we make a challenge when listening to games up there. Worst pubs in Lancashire. Electing the BNP. Throwing missiles and invading the pitch on their first game back this season. Shit club, shit fans, still living in 1977.

And that’s the culture of the football club which can be changed if desired.
And I got spat at there in 95 after the 3- 0 defat win nogan scored for them

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It'll probably be BNP knuckle dragging sorts from places like Preston or Bolton doing this. Folk from Burnley are salt of the earth types. All of them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure this is a brick, but it makes a bit of a thump.

Reports suggest the brick was dropped from a bridge rather than luzzed.

I was on the Supporters Club coach after we left Northampton a few years ago, when a brick was luzzed at our coach, which smashed the outer window, by my seat, and the seat in front.
Fortunately, the windows are double glazed and it was only the outer window that went. We were going round a roundabout back to the M1.
The driver went on to find a lay-by where he could examine the damage, and Liz could ring Darren Balkham.
It was more than just a thump.
Fortunately, nobody was hurt.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A whole 2 miles :lolol:

It takes less than 30 minutes to walk two miles. Losing 3-1 if you left a bit early you could be on a motorway bridge before the Villa players were out of the shower.

Who do you think a) knows the route football coaches take and b) wants to attack them after a loss? Islamic terrorists? FFS.

:facepalm:
Take the night off GB, you don’t need to get so angry. All being said is louts in a city throwing stones at buses doesn’t necessarily = fans of the club. Local scallies might well have done this without going to the game. Don’t rush to judgement, wait and see what report find?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes you are.

“White Lives Matter” banner during Covid. Fans next to Johnny and Warren shouting things like “f**k off you poof” every time we make a challenge when listening to games up there. Worst pubs in Lancashire. Electing the BNP. Throwing missiles and invading the pitch on their first game back this season. Shit club, shit fans, still living in 1977.

And that’s the culture of the football club which can be changed if desired.
I thought that was Liverpool fans. I can’t keep up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The facts you’re stating are the same ones I’ve just debunked. Anyone from the ground could get to that spot and only Burnley fans would have a motive. Take a look at yourself FFS.
Alright Inspector Horse, calm down. I wish you’d swallow some of the medicine you like to dispense on here all the time.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Alright Inspector Horse, calm down.
The facts you’re stating are the same ones I’ve just debunked. Anyone from the ground could get to that spot and only Burnley fans would have a motive.
Are we going to have a big Poirot style reveal where we get fans from all the 92 league clubs together, make the obvious suspects think we're going to accuse them, and then suddenly turn around and from nowhere announce it was actually some Coventry fans bitter about a cup tie result from 20years ago who'd lived a life in disguise for all that time until finally seizing their moment?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are we going to have a big Poirot style reveal where we get fans from all the 92 league clubs together, make the obvious suspects think we're going to accuse them, and then suddenly turn around and from nowhere announce it was actually some Coventry fans bitter about a cup tie result from 20years ago who'd lived a life in disguise for all that time until finally seizing their moment?
I reckon it was old man Withers from the amusement park.

That was always the case in Scooby Doo anyway.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A whole 2 miles :lolol:

It takes less than 30 minutes to walk two miles. Losing 3-1 if you left a bit early you could be on a motorway bridge before the Villa players were out of the shower.

Who do you think a) knows the route football coaches take and b) wants to attack them after a loss? Islamic terrorists? FFS.

:facepalm:
It's Blackburn fans innit. Under cover.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The most dangerous thing in Burnley was the train from Preston - it had square wheels. My buttocks were still shaking an hour after arriving in Burnley.
On the other hand the train from Leeds is a perfect 4-Guiness trip.
Open up just before you get on the train at Leeds.
Finish as you pull into Burnley.
Dash across the road and go to the loo in the pub across the road.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The most dangerous thing in Burnley was the train from Preston - it had square wheels. My buttocks were still shaking an hour after arriving in Burnley.

When I lived up North in the early 90s I was amazed at how much better their trains were than ours particular the slam door cattle trucks on the Hastings to London line.

There was of course the exception, those bus on wheels which were a bit of exception.

Travelling up there in more recent years I was amazed to see them still in service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here