Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa Away

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Never met Villa fan yet who isn’t ‘very, very confident’ about everything. It’s in their DNA.

I remember my grandfather, who was a Villa supporter, proudly saying the same in the 1970s when they were in the old third division with us!!
Yep, Villa are in the same group as Leeds with the nonstop 'we're a massive club' mentality. Not saying they aren't a big club, but have some humility at times please!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Villa supporting relative said he's heard a few of their lot in with us,
Is he guessing that there will be or knows? I'd assume guessing as our website says this fixures allocation sold out at the 'all season ticket holders' level. So any Villa fan with a ticket in the away end would also have to be a Brighton season ticket holder? Which is an unlikely scenario...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is he guessing that there will be or knows? I'd assume guessing as our website says this fixures allocation sold out at the 'all season ticket holders' level. So any Villa fan with a ticket in the away end would also have to be a Brighton season ticket holder? Which is an unlikely scenario...
Unless some of our lot have sold tickets onto them at massively inflated prices. Demand for this game for Villa is absolutely phenomenal according to my relative, the whole Midlands is buzzing for it.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Unless some of our lot have sold tickets onto them at massively inflated prices. Demand for this game for Villa is absolutely phenomenal according to my relative, the whole Midlands is buzzing for it.
Errr, no! The whole Midlands? Villa are not the whole Midlands, but they are definitely the one club that fans of all the other bigger West Midlands clubs + Coventry all despise. The only buzz is the hope that the world’s biggest club somehow balls it up.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Yep, Villa are in the same group as Leeds with the nonstop 'we're a massive club' mentality. Not saying they aren't a big club, but have some humility at times please!
Oh god this. I've got two old university mates who are Villa fans (one came to Fans United Day and wore his shirt) and always had to listen to them banging on about the glorious history of the club. Incredible to think where we are now compared to back then, but really irks me that we still can't seem to get one over on them.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Oh god this. I've got two old university mates who are Villa fans (one came to Fans United Day and wore his shirt) and always had to listen to them banging on about the glorious history of the club. Incredible to think where we are now compared to back then, but really irks me that we still can't seem to get one over on them.
I read somewhere that in August it will be 10,000 days since Villa won a trophy. That’s why they need to bang on about their ‘glorious’ history (better than ours admittedly but then we don’t have the arrogance to go with it).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Errr, no! The whole Midlands? Villa are not the whole Midlands, but they are definitely the one club that fans of all the other bigger West Midlands clubs + Coventry all despise. The only buzz is the hope that the world’s biggest club somehow balls it up.
I can’t see them beating a vastly improved Liverpool at Anfield, so if we get 4 points from the next 3 games then there will be nothing left for them to ‘balls up’

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Just checking, kickoff is definitely at 4:30pm yes?

My tickets have arrived and they say 3pm.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was told that they are the Midlands club and draw support from all towns and cities within that area.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Speak to the fans of other clubs in the area before believing that sweeping generalisation!
He’s a joke account mate - not very helpful with the Villa fans in with Albion comment - just ignore it 👍

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I can’t see them beating a vastly improved Liverpool at Anfield, so if we get 4 points from the next 3 games then there will be nothing left for them to ‘balls up’
Surely that depends on Spurs taking 3 or 4 points off Brentford and Leeds.
Villa will probably still have a chance.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Surely that depends on Spurs taking 3 or 4 points off Brentford and Leeds.
Villa will probably still have a chance.
Indeed. Villa will have something to play for on the final Sunday, regardless of any other results before then. We need to sew up a Europa League place before our game with Villa.

Nicks

As I put in another thread, we had two Arsenal fans in front of us Sunday who got their tickets from a 1901 member.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ticket arrived today

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For those of us without a ticket, is this game likely to be on TV?

This site suggests that the games selected for coverage that day are still tbc, potentially?
My guess will be the first choice of Leeds v Spurs.
Then it depends on this weekends results but would imagine either Leicester or Everton game.
The top has been decided so nothing to see there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here