Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Vanilla tickets

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If I’m correct that means all 3 away games that have gone on sale so far have all gone down to MyAlbion+ members? Can that put an end to the notion that away tickets are a “closed shop”, or will it come back round when a London game goes on sale?
Or fewer people are buying now, with the knowledge they can't sell tickets on...
A bit of that, but I also think people have limited budgets and Villa is just after a potential European away game.

Even London games should be ok this season I think. Almost all of them are in December and people won't be able to do them all. Palace on 23rd really takes the piss for me, I'm going to have Christmas stuff to do with the family.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Or fewer people are buying now, with the knowledge they can't sell tickets on...
Maybe I’m incredibly naive but having done most away games in recent years and knowing lots of other people who do as well I never got the impression that “point harvesting” was a huge issue or particularly commonplace. Certainly not enough to impact a significant number of sales. Happy to accept I might be totally wrong on that though.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
If I’m correct that means all 3 away games that have gone on sale so far have all gone down to MyAlbion+ members? Can that put an end to the notion that away tickets are a “closed shop”, or will it come back round when a London game goes on sale?
The three answers are;- yes, should do yes, and undoubtedly yes!
what is the prize?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2 of those games have been during school holidays so always a few less people but Villa away is doable in a day and in term time so would have expected that to sell out quicker. Cost of living/not being able to pass on tickets/saving money for European matches to blame?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
In an ideal world we sell out our full allocation but it’s even better if those who have spent money on MA+ get a chance en route to that happening. There’s still a month to go so I think it will sell out. Great!

The cost of the extra matches for Europa - plus the train uncertainties - will be the only factors affecting speed of sales imo as the football we’re playing is fantastic!

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
2 of those games have been during school holidays so always a few less people but Villa away is doable in a day and in term time so would have expected that to sell out quicker. Cost of living/not being able to pass on tickets/saving money for European matches to blame?
Yeah I don’t disagree. I wasn’t so much concerned at speed of sales, more an observation that every year there seems to be a perceived notion that the loyalty point system means that only a select few can get their hands on tickets for away games, and actually that isn’t the case. Due to all the factors mentioned on this thread this is an excellent year to build up some points so hopefully that argument disappears.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
After the first couple of days of MA+ sales, Man United away still had around 300 tickets left. It's now sold out 3 and 1/2 weeks before the game. Villa will sell out, it just might take a bit of time for all of the reasons listed on this thread.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One of our group now can't go. How easy is it to return the ticket, not ever done it. Do they refund if re-sold?

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Well, I'm enjoying being able to go to away matches again. First Wolves, now this. Looking forward to the next sale...
I quite agree with you. I never used to do away games, but managed Forest and Newcastle away at the tail-end of last season and Wolves this. I’ve today booked Villa away for this season. I’m really getting into the swing of away games (I tend to book hotels to make a bit of a weekend of them) and am now looking forward to future games coming onto the market.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
One of our group now can't go. How easy is it to return the ticket, not ever done it. Do they refund if re-sold?
Away tickets are non-refundable and non returnable which in our digital age makes little sense but we know the club are worried about passing away tickets on. It does seem an inflexible system. I bought a ticket for Wolves, and train tickets too, costing around £80 quid or so. I then had to go away with work and couldn’t go. there was no refund, nor could I put it up for someone else to buy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Away tickets are non-refundable and non returnable which in our digital age makes little sense but we know the club are worried about passing away tickets on. It does seem an inflexible system. I bought a ticket for Wolves, and train tickets too, costing around £80 quid or so. I then had to go away with work and couldn’t go. there was no refund, nor could I put it up for someone else to buy.
You can usually get a train ticket refund if you do it before you are due to travel (though might depend who you bought them from).

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I did wonder if P11 was going to open as i could not see how it was possible that home fans could have been in it. Also an odd single in Q3 the first block to sell out has appeared.

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
Tickets arrived today. A pleasant surprise for them to arrive so early as the last time I went to Villa away the tickets didn't turn up until the week of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here