Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aspinalls arse

gezza01

Feb 18, 2004
new milton hants
Hi there to all the old NSC'ers who know my great father Bill from Tunbridge Wells. Hate to post this on here but over the last couple of months my father deterioted many infections which sadly is now terminal.

His dying wish was to be in a masonic nursing home in Bournemouth which we finally did yesterday. He is fighting but sadly does not look like he will be with us over the next 48 hours.

My father has supported the Albion for 75 years now and today when going to the Withdean please can I ask that you raise your drinks (harveys) to him.
3 points is a must today for my Dad.

It is so sad as my fathers ultimate dream was to take myself, my twin brother and my sister to the opening game at falmer.

Just hope that seagulls world can work on my iphone then we can listen to the commentary today.

Gerry (Gezza)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Next week, my 89 year old aunt arrives from Canada. She was a war bride but thanks to the strange and frankly pathertic atitude of the Canadian Health system she's having her inplants for her hearing done here (at her expense of course). She's amazing ! Nearly ninty but swims twice a week and believe me, full of life.

My sympathes to your father, sounds like a great man.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, really sorry to hear that Gezza, thoughts and prayers are with you obviously.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So sorry to hear this news my toughts are with you. I'm pretty sure that as a teenager I bought a ticket off you for a game at the Withdean and I sat next your old man. He offered me some snuff! Apologies if this wasn't your father but it is a particularly fond memory I have of Withdean.

That's very sad, mate. Before he goes, if you can, wish him a fond farewell from all his friends who are thinking of him. And say thanks for all the snuff he shared with me.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
That's very sad, mate. Before he goes, if you can, wish him a fond farewell from all his friends who are thinking of him. And say thanks for all the snuff he shared with me.

Sounds like I got the right person. A good man.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was also wondering if this was the wonderful character with the snuff that i had the pleasure of meeting in the Lord nelson some years ago.

A sad time but I'm sure you'll have many fond memories to look back on.

All the best.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did not know your Dad, but he is part of the family and after 75 years support he is a hero
wish him and you well.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Gezza - really sorry to hear this news.

For me, Bill's a true Albion legend in the Cannarian Seagull (Lance) mould. In the first season or two back at Withdean, trips down the Nelson and being offered snuff by your old man are forever etched in my memory. I'm not sure my nostrils ever fully recovered...

Such a generous bloke. Please wish him the best from me - I'm sure Harvs will echo this. Am raising a glass to him at this moment mate.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Thoughts and prayers are with you mate, we've been there - sounds like a fantastic bloke and an Albion supporter legend.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I hope he is comfortable as possible in the hospice, the doctors and nurses truly are people with hearts of gold to do what they do those places.

Such a sad time, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gerry - I am so sorry to hear your dad isn't in the best of health at the moment. I can't remember meeting a funnier, nicer, warmer, more entertaining or more passionate Albion fan - a fantastic bloke with whom it's been a privilege to spend some good times; laughing, drinking, chatting and snuffing (and, as a result, sneezing). Never a dull moment in the company of such a funny, nice chap.

I know people generally say nice things when people aren't well but it's very easy to do so in this case, because it's all true. Wish you all the strength and support you might need at the moment.

gezza01

Feb 18, 2004
new milton hants
ASpinnals Arse

Thank you so much for all your kind words.after 24 hours keeping a bedside vigil amazingly dad us still with us and have been reading the replies. Another hour to go and I pray that dad will sub consciously be able to hear the goals

X x x

Gerry - I am so sorry to hear your dad isn't in the best of health at the moment. I can't remember meeting a funnier, nicer, warmer, more entertaining or more passionate Albion fan - a fantastic bloke with whom it's been a privilege to spend some good times; laughing, drinking, chatting and snuffing (and, as a result, sneezing). Never a dull moment in the company of such a funny, nice chap.

I know people generally say nice things when people aren't well but it's very easy to do so in this case, because it's all true. Wish you all the strength and support you might need at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here