Ask NSC a question!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
With warning lights for virtually everything in cars these last few years, why have manufacturers not installed sensors in cars for failed light bulbs? especially brake lights!!

Do any NSC petrol heads have the answer? ???

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
An awful lot of cars do, my 60 plate zafira has, as did my t reg omega and k reg BMW 325 before that :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
That reminds me, must go check my Saab, it was showing "left brake light failure" this morning.
Mind you, my old one (1993 9000 Aero) only used to show a little light at whichever corner there was a failure so you had to check which bulb it was.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My car does.

Well, it would do but the warning bulb has blown.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
All cars have a warning when indicator is out even the old bangers, its when it makes the "click-clock" noise faster than normal, I didnt know all these new cars had them for all bulbs though, guess I want get to ecperience that kind of car for a few years untill they become old bangers lol

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
With warning lights for virtually everything in cars these last few years, why have manufacturers not installed sensors in cars for failed light bulbs? especially brake lights!!

The answer is to stop buying cheap cars....all Mercs do

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011

Volvo's do and have done for many years, doesn't stop people driving around with loads of bulbs blown though.

On the other hand why don't cars have a warning when brake lights are stuck on? That is just as annoying as not working at all and i have seen a fair few of them...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You should see the Jag XF I swear there a passenger farted warning light, it's got everything else

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You should see the Jag XF I swear there a passenger farted warning light, it's got everything else

Does it also have a - Does my dick look big in this ? - light too ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

yes your car is crap

however my car did fail to warn me about the plank who ploughed into my drivers side at speed last week and also failed to warn me i would scream like a little girl.........most annoying!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
:blush: My Citroen C4 Picasso (07) aka clipped mobile does not! Citroen out!!!
Although it has been a lovely motor.

The reason it doesn't have a warning light is BECAUSE it's a shitron tbh, never rated any of them and despised working on them :sick:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
yes your car is crap

The reason it doesn't have a warning light is BECAUSE it's a shitron tbh, never rated any of them and despised working on them :sick:

:lol: :lol:

As said, she hasn't let me down, passed her third MOT today, and apart from the fee hasn't cost a penny in any of them.

Maybe I just got lucky :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports