Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Don't try and weasel out of it. You said you wanted him nowhere near the team. Which includes playing as a striker.

if you read my previous posts, you will see that i said I am please he in the squad, not in the TEAM, assuming that Ulloa would have started.

no weasling there pal.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Don't try and weasel out of it. You said you wanted him nowhere near the team. Which includes playing as a striker.

Be reasonable mate, how many times have you wanted him in the side and he has ended up playing like a donkey?.....credit when he is good, slagged off if he fooks it all up,.... as it should be in game of subjectivity.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Fantastic left footed strike for his first, beautifully timed...CMS wouldn't have scored more than 1 in 10 in same position & now looks like 3rd choice?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes you were wrong. But you weren't wrong because Barnes played well, you were wrong because you don't understand how important it is for us to try someone other than a knackered Ulloa up front. Gus made the best decision for the team, and its chance of promotion, without the benefit of hindsight. Gus is best placed to decide what's right, and you could do with learning that (and I realise I'm a patronising **** and I'm not sorry).

Mainly, Barnes has been pants this season, with one or 2 good games... other than that, I agree with you, i.e. you're talking rubbish.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously this time it was understandable fans were annoyed with him - but despite that, he still get a good cheer when his name was read out on Saturday (a fair few boos too). I guess it's a minority against him.

Indeed. Some people seem to genuinely think they know what formation works better than Gus (these people shouldn't be on NSC, they should go and get a top job in football management). Like those that felt proved right when two wingers worked against Palace - 'we should never play without two wingers' they proclaimed. So we tried two wingers in the next match, and it didn't work.

You are basically saying don't have an opinion unless it is 100% aligned to Gus.

Well, I think this is wrong (an opinion).

Recent Gus pronouncements - I love Leeds (again!) AND Suarez reaction is an over-reaction! Both foolish statements IMHO. I stand by my right to an opinion contrary to Gus. Get your tongue out of his behind.

In the case of Barnes, I suggest you don't get carried away by his admittedly brilliant performance against B'pool. This performance in complete contrast to most he has put in this season, whilst denying better players a chance to play.

Over to you!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It looks to me like the Barnes haters on here are clutching at straws to justify their views, despite a top class performance from him in his best position. There is no reasoning with these people.

If it's his best position, and I totally agree, then why does Gus insist on playing him in midfield almost all the time, where he is consistently poor? Still, better late than never, Gus. Oh, another opinion contrary to the Gus' lickers. Naughty!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't recall him playing like a donkey. He has been solid at worst all season.

Then you haven't been watching very carefully.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mainly, Barnes has been pants this season, with one or 2 good games
In your ill-informed opinion.

You are basically saying don't have an opinion unless it is 100% aligned to Gus.
Not quite. I'm saying understand that you don't know as much about football as our manager, and you don't know as much about our players as our manager. Some of you seem to genuinely think you know better. However there will be times when a manager isn't sure which formation will work best against a certain opposition, and the fans on occasion will get it right when the manager gets it wrong (eg, thinking a more solid midfield could be more appropriate against Forest away, than playing with wingers) - it's things like that which are more subjective and we have a fair chance of being right on occasion. But if, as some of you suggest, Barnes is simply rubbish at this level, then Gus must be a complete idiot and useless manager - and that's clearly not the case is it.

Recent Gus pronouncements - I love Leeds (again!) AND Suarez reaction is an over-reaction! Both foolish statements IMHO. I stand by my right to an opinion contrary to Gus.
I've got no issue with people preferring him to stay quiet about other clubs and players - like you say, those are simply opinions. Personally I don't think it harms our chances of success, so I don't really care.

Get your tongue out of his behind.
It's my tongue, I'll do what I like with it thanks.
In the case of Barnes, I suggest you don't get carried away by his admittedly brilliant performance against B'pool.
I'm not basing my view on his performance against Blackpool. If we'd have won 1-0, and Barnes had a poor game, I'd still be glad he played because it meant giving Ulloa a rest. I think Gus is a good manager, and knows what he's doing, and if he thinks a player is worthy of being picked, that's good enough for me. If I was the chairman, I'd pick the best manager I could to manage the team, and then I'd let them do that without poking my nose in - I get the feeling you're more of a Briatore - employing someone to manage the team, and then telling them which players to pick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here