Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
Whats everyone's opinions on Barnes. To me he seems like a 'you either love or hate him' kind of person. Personally i think he is a good player and does a lot of work on the pitch that is unnoticed, but he can have a very poor first touch and can often give the ball away far to often. So whats your opinion?

Dec 29, 2011
Used to dislike him until mid March at which point he's done ok. FWIW even when he scored I thought he was bad. I judge a player by their performance on the pitch not by how many goals they score. I'd like to see him given a run out upfront though, he's pretty useless as a 'winger'.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perfect thread, for those nights when you just sleep.

I just can't believe we've not discussed it before.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Work in progress, frustrating at times but played out of position this year, young (21?) and will be the real deal in a couple of year's time

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
A young lad who has made the step up from league 1 to the championship when others have not , every level you go up in football it gets harder and harder I think barnes is doing this and is learning quickly and when he reaches his peak off around 25 26 I'm sure he'll be the finished article give him time .

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Deja-Vu?
Good player, good work rate, good penalty taker (bar Reading), only grind is falls over too easily, not as bad as El-Abd though. Don't like his diving at all, cheating bastard.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Not one way or the other, I think he does work that goes unnoticed but can let you down by his poor first touch and passing. Ashley is an average player but IMO we have better options.

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
At the start of the season his three main problems were his first touch, his lack of strength on the ball and his petulance. He has improved in all of these areas and hence he has improved as a player as the season has gone on. He is still very young and inexperienced at this level and in my view will be a top player next year.:)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Good work ethic, good at doing the job Gus asks of him, good finisher, good penalty taker (normally).

Watched him since the Conference days at Eastbourne Borough and always been impressed by his diligence and commitment to the cause.

Does fall on his face rather a lot at the slightest touch but perhaps that's what he's been asked to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here