Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes wages ????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was told by an agent that he was on £1500 we offered £4500 and a 2 year deal Burnley offered £5000 and a 3 year deal so somebody is wrong, not sure who. Do you honestly expect his father in law to give out exact figures in a pub? Do people tell they exact weight of the fish they have caught?
I heard that £1500 a week was his wage in League 1 and he was offered the same money as he was already on at Championship level which is why he was looking at getting a better deal elsewhere.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How the hell Burnley will be able to keep their heads above water is beyond me.

probably because they know they stand a good chance of getting to the premier and its riches

its called gambling

and it looks like its going to pay off 10 points clear of 3rd

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did he sign a new one when he was here then? Or were we offering huge promotion increases?

He signed at LEAST one new contract while he was here.

He originally signed for us on a 2-year contract in July 2010.

A year later, in July 2011, he signed a new contract through to June 2013. This contract included a club 1-year option, which was exercised last May.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If/when Burnley get promoted will AB in their 25 come next Sept ? Or on loan back to a Champ club ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard that £1500 a week was his wage in League 1 and he was offered the same money as he was already on at Championship level which is why he was looking at getting a better deal elsewhere.

If/when Burnley get promoted will AB in their 25 come next Sept ? Or on loan back to a Champ club ?
Sold back to a southern championship team for the money they paid saying he couldnt settle up their with his family. AFCBournemoth Millwall, Orient or Brentford if they are promoted.

Jan 10, 2014
Some of you lot don't half make my washing machine work overtime with them urine soaked pants.

£16,000 a week :D

I mean the OP is on a wind up which is fair enough, it's his right and his angle. The ones who have actually discussed it as being true.... that's where the humour comes in.

Titter ye not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some fiction in the alleged quote gave the game away. Lies, I'm afraid.

Barnes was on less than than Murray's final Albion wage of £3,250pw, who then went to Palace for £6,000 pw.
The likes of Kuszchak, Orlandi, Upson, Buckley, Ulloa, CMS, are on more than £6,000 pw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here