Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes Non Celeb After His Goal

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I thought that was a really good strike but he seemed to show no emotion whatever. What was that all about?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I thought the same myself when i saw the highlights on seagulls player. Didnt seem very happy did he, although gus did say that he was smiling in the dressing room after the game.
I would love to see him start every game. Think he deserves it.

D

Deleted member 18477

hes probably getting annoyed with scoring and then being left on the bench again the following match. sandaza had a paddy against tranmere when barnes came on instead of him. Thats football though but a nice dilemma for poyet to manage. cant argue with poyets decisions though, 5 wins out of 5 in march just what we needed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps the attentions of the defender were close to a foul and he was frustrated a penalty hadn't been called? I know there have been times when playing when I've felt like I'm the victim of a lack of justice, gone on to score and still been more frustrated at the injustice than happy about the goal.

I saw the goals last night, and have a memory of there being a defender close to him by the time he scored, but have no idea if there was anything in his attentions, or if something happened earlier in Barnes's run that may have frustrated him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He was NOT offside and my feeling was that he simply peeled off the wrong side towards their fans rather than to ours and chose not to risk another booking having been warned by Gus about getting silly cards this season.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Perhaps the attentions of the defender were close to a foul and he was frustrated a penalty hadn't been called? I know there have been times when playing when I've felt like I'm the victim of a lack of justice, gone on to score and still been more frustrated at the injustice than happy about the goal.

I saw the goals last night, and have a memory of there being a defender close to him by the time he scored, but have no idea if there was anything in his attentions, or if something happened earlier in Barnes's run that may have frustrated him.
And I thought I could sound boring. f***ing hell, you could make dead people bored!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I thought that was a really good strike but he seemed to show no emotion whatever. What was that all about?

Heard from an insider there's nothing to worry about, Barnes was just a bit pissed of as he'd just before the match put £10 on a 0-0 at 10/1.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
He SIMPLY didn't want to CELEBRATE against his old club

Have just looked on seagulls.co.uk and it doesn't list Oldham as a previous club.
I also thought his non-celebration was strange yesterday, not even coming across to the nearby Albion fans.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
He usually kisses his wrist because he has his girlfriends name on it doesn't he? Noticed he didn't do that, so could be some sort of relationship problem maybe??

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Does it really matter? We need to stop picking up on little things like this as it's probably nothing, he may have thought the goal was going to be dissallowed so didn't celebrate.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I read it as though he celebrated in the "that was easy" style like Chris Eubank - a bit of posturing. He just turned away as if to say "that was easy". f***ing wasnt tho, it was a quality strike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here