Ashley Barnes m'lord, Ashley Barnes
Ashley Barnes m'lord, Ashley Barnes
Oh lord, Ashley Barnes....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ashley Barnes is magic he wear's a magic hat when he saw the championship he said I,m havin that. Oh Ashley Barnes Ahsley Ashley Ashley Ashley Barnes. You know the one.

Ashley Barnes is magic, he wears a magic hat
If the bloke behind you slates him
He's nothing but a twat....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I haven't made a comment about them or how your horribleness compares to theirs.

I made a comment about how I would try to avoid you if you believe that anyone who disagrees with you is thick as pigshit.

It wouldn't be much fun trying to have a sensible conversation with you if you just told me I was thick as pigshit everytime I disagreed.

You've completely made that up though. Where have I said that?

My point (which everyone except you seems to have grasped) is that I think ANYONE who hurls aggressive, vitriolic abuse at a YOUNG ALBION player WORKING THEIR NUTS OFF is thick as pigshit.

Simple as that. I'll hold my hands up and say I've been wrong about plenty of things on here, plenty of times. But I'm pretty confident on the above.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You've completely made that up though. Where have I said that?

My point (which everyone except you seems to have grasped) is that I think ANYONE who hurls aggressive, vitriolic abuse at a YOUNG ALBION player WORKING THEIR NUTS OFF is thick as pigshit.

Simple as that. I'll hold my hands up and say I've been wrong about plenty of things on here, plenty of times. But I'm pretty confident on the above.

Actually I think you'll find that your criticism of the Ashley detractors wasn't just restricted to that. For example you responded to one guy who voiced an opinion (how dare he because it was different to yours) that what he said was "f***ing stupid".

I can't really be bothered to trawl through your other posts.

IMO he has too much criticism on here and from the crowd but to counter it with posts extolling his virtues that he his the next George Best or something is quite frankly ridiculous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually I think you'll find that your criticism of the Ashley detractors wasn't just restricted to that. For example you responded to one guy who voiced an opinion (how dare he because it was different to yours) that what he said was "f***ing stupid".

I can't really be bothered to trawl through your other posts.

IMO he has too much criticism on here and from the crowd but to counter it with posts extolling his virtues that he his the next George Best or something is quite frankly ridiculous.

I disagreed with his point. This is a messageboard forum for DEBATE.

Again no one has said he is the next George Best. I referred to him as a young (yes) albion (yes) player (yes) who works hard (yes).

My point (which yet again, every single person other than you understood) was that anyone who verbally berates any young football player for the crime of working hard is an idiot. Pretty simple really. I have no idea what you're reading, it clearly goes through some bizarre translation machine and comes out as:

I luiv ashely barnes he is besterer than xavy and any12 who disagres with me is stoopuid or sumink.

Actually read the posts.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
sure ive done this before but just in case

" ahhhhhh dontcha wish ya striker was hot like Ash "

just saying :shrug:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Singing Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haw), singing Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haw), singing Aye Aye Ashley, Aye Aye Ashley, Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes (yee-haawwwww).
:thumbsup:

It was bloody good at Donny on Saturday, apart from the yee-haawwwww bit at the end.

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
To show him the massive majority of Brighton fans with a brain are behind him.

Suggestions?

i already have one, not a chant per se, but I join in when richie reynolds says 'NUMBER 9 ASH-LEY BARNES!!', prim and proper, in style and tone to match.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I disagreed with his point. This is a messageboard forum for DEBATE.

Again no one has said he is the next George Best. I referred to him as a young (yes) albion (yes) player (yes) who works hard (yes).

My point (which yet again, every single person other than you understood) was that anyone who verbally berates any young football player for the crime of working hard is an idiot. Pretty simple really. I have no idea what you're reading, it clearly goes through some bizarre translation machine and comes out as:

I luiv ashely barnes he is besterer than xavy and any12 who disagres with me is stoopuid or sumink.

Actually read the posts.

Please PM me your approximate location in WSU so I can steer clear from you in real life too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please PM me your approximate location in WSU so I can steer clear from you in real life too.

Blimey you seem a bit aggressive. I'll politely decline if you don't mind mate.

I'm sorry for constantly pointing out that you're talking nonsense. I'm sorry for getting behind and supporting one of our players against a bunch of idiots.

No one else on this entire thread had a problem with me wanting to support one of our players. For whatever reason, you've got a problem. Just put me on ignore if you really don't like to see people vociferously defending a BHA player.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He's not talking about people who shout loud enough for Ashley to hear is he? They'd have to shout pretty loudly from WSU. He's talking about people who he can hear.

There is also an assumption that anyone who doesn't rate him is following a herd. Why?

Can't they have their own opinion on the guy?

PS Before you make assumptions I don't particularly rate him but understand his job within the side so I don't slate him verbally. Sometimes I utter a groan but I suppose that makes me think as pigshit too.
In part he is (and definitely I am) speaking about people shouting loudly enough for him to hear - David James' article stated clearly that footballers often clearly hear & are affected by things shouted from the crowd. Even if he can't hear specifics Ashley would have to be deaf not to notice the general moaning that accompanies his contributions - he's said so. Maybe you're not following a herd but there is no doubt some (to put it mildly) are - it's too easy to just respond to a loud person near you & take on their lazy opinions as fact - there's always an easy scapegoat but it doesn't help our team (which I presume as supporters most of us want to do). 'They' can have any opinions they like - I and others would like them to save verbal abuse for the pub afterwards as Ashley's unlikely to be in there

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
sure ive done this before but just in case

" ahhhhhh dontcha wish ya striker was hot like Ash "

just saying :shrug:

See, I would have gone for "Doncha wish your striker was ash-er-ley"

RE: Gordon Greer, surely MAMMA MIA?

Gordon Greer
Here he goes again
My my
How i wish i could be ya

Gordon Greer
Head it away again
My my
You're a great defender

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
In part he is (and definitely I am) speaking about people shouting loudly enough for him to hear - David James' article stated clearly that footballers often clearly hear & are affected by things shouted from the crowd. Even if he can't hear specifics Ashley would have to be deaf not to notice the general moaning that accompanies his contributions - he's said so. Maybe you're not following a herd but there is no doubt some (to put it mildly) are - it's too easy to just respond to a loud person near you & take on their lazy opinions as fact - there's always an easy scapegoat but it doesn't help our team (which I presume as supporters most of us want to do). 'They' can have any opinions they like - I and others would like them to save verbal abuse for the pub afterwards as Ashley's unlikely to be in there

Don't pussy foot around this bellend. I'm sick of this stupid debate. Anyone booing one of our players is a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports