Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think MOST of us our fans, I know I am & am definetly keen to see how he does in the championship.
We still need a couple of strikers (especially) if Murray goes but I think used correctly barnes will grow even more as a player & at a higher level.
I know a few disagree with me but I'm sure they appreciate what he's done for the club this season & most of the negativity has just come from fans of barnes & those who are not so keen both just trying to get their points across

I think what the critics of Barnes are trying to say, is that if you ignore all his goals he has scored, and those he has set up, he has not done very much this season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stop flogging the dead horse, El Pres.

Are we talking THIS horse?

DSCF3016.JPG

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I would say that yesterday's goal, whilst not his most important, was his best as an Albion player, augers well for us as far as I am concerned. I wonder how he and Plymouth would have fared if we hadn't have signed him. Also interesting that six of our current squad's players' old teams have been relegated, Stockport, Plymouth, Swindon and Scunthorpe.
I'm surprised. You can actually make a valid point. WOW!!

I'd have to agree, I thought his strike yesterday was one of his best, and too be fair was class. Overall I think it was also one of his better games.

But we were still woefully light up front. It seems Wood has just given up, and if I counted the times in the past two games that Ashley's been looking at the sky in a "oh f*** it should have better" sort of way, I'd need more than 10 fingers. As I say it was one of his better games, and if he had a first touch, he might have scored quite a few more. For the last few games, as he did yesterday, how many times has he been clear though, crap first touch, crap second touch trying to recover the first touch, and then keeper smoothers it before he gets a shot in. Fair enough the pitch was shocking so you could sort of forgive him for his poor first touch yesterday, but it does it all the time.

As I have said many times before, I really hope he goes on to be a legend for us, and I WILL admit I am wrong, but if I would still bet that he is an average league one striker, lucky to have had a season in a very above average side, and I dont see him having much of a role to play next season. If we had signed Hoskins on deadline day, and with Wood and Murray, I dont think Barnes would have had much of a look in, so as the start of September I've put it in me diary to start another AShley Barnes thread, as the place wouldn't be the same without it, but I suspect with all the JCLs most of the posts will be "WHO?"

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
& most of the negativity has just come from fans of barnes & those who are not so keen both just trying to get their points across
too be fair I don't think there has been many point put across for the last 35 pages :lol: if you look hard you might spot one or two every page

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So do I, and for what it's worth Phil, I agree with you about next season x
You mix up peoples words all the time, and it was there for everyone to see, that when you don't have anything fresh to add, or are backed into a corner, you start to misquote even more and wind people up, and then when they bite back, you use your powers as a Moderator to ban them (even if it did take you best part of a day to own up to it, and the week ban was lifted by someone after a few days), so I don't feel it's worth getting into any sort of debate with someone that. Let's have NSC so you can get into a debate with a Mod without the risk of them banning you for doing it.

I won't risk starting the line with something that can be taken as " For constant abuse of other posters. " and risk being banned by that "other poster" again.:rolleyes:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've waited nearly a year to say I told you so........ but I told you so.

What a waste of space.

Only surprise is, why anyone bothers to pass to him any more!!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've waited nearly a year to say I told you so........ but I told you so.

What a waste of space.

Only surprise is, why anyone bothers to pass to him any more!!!

Wow... Looking forward to a Brighton player failing. Classy.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Great performance today. Worked tirelessly for the team going forward and defensively.
Definitely one of the players Gus talked about in his post match interview.
People are so quick to slate him when he doesn't perform.
This thread deserves another bounce in what has been a great week for young Ashley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here