Ashley Barnes Goals 2011/12

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lovely finishes - technique-wise he's our best striker.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As slated by most fans as useless as well........

Mr Bums

Jan 31, 2012
I would rather he had not played at all last season and Palace do the double over us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lovely video.....great choice of backing tune as well.

Aye aye Ashley

:bowdown:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Unless they change the rules or 4 teams get a massive points reduction we will never make the play offs finishing 10th. we need a new striker.

But Barnes wasn't playing as a striker. We do need a new striker but not sure its relevant in relation to Barnes.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
But Barnes wasn't playing as a striker. We do need a new striker but not sure its relevant in relation to Barnes.

Fair point. He wasn't playing as a striker for large parts of the season. But if he's on the wing I would rather be watching LuaLua or Noone. I know Barnes' defensive qualitys are better than those two but his passing can be quite poor at times so we lose possession quite often because of him. Also his temperament is an embarrassment. Ok squad player at this level but I just get frustrated he seems to be an ever present. I don't like moaning about him but when people go on about how good he is and anybody that doesn't agree is an idiot and
doesn't understand football annoys me. Gus is great and I love him being our Manager but he doesn't get everything right all the time. At the start of last season people were backing his decision over Ankgreghan, people that disagreed were proved correct in the end.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fair point. He wasn't playing as a striker for large parts of the season. But if he's on the wing I would rather be watching LuaLua or Noone. I know Barnes' defensive qualitys are better than those two but his passing can be quite poor at times so we lose possession quite often because of him. Also his temperament is an embarrassment. Ok squad player at this level but I just get frustrated he seems to be an ever present. I don't like moaning about him but when people go on about how good he is and anybody that doesn't agree is an idiot and
doesn't understand football annoys me. Gus is great and I love him being our Manager but he doesn't get everything right all the time. At the start of last season people were backing his decision over Ankgreghan, people that disagreed were proved correct in the end.
:goal::goal::goal:

haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports