Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes beats Aguero

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Massive fan of the Barnestormer (yep, hoping it catches on) when he was here, delighted for him that it's working out at Burnley.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I know I'm going to get flamed and asked why I opened the thread, but a lot of people live in the past on here. Yes he was decent for us, but some people need to move on (same with Murray).

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I know I'm going to get flamed and asked why I opened the thread, but a lot of people live in the past on here. Yes he was decent for us, but some people need to move on (same with Murray).

Not really. I'm surrounded by "football geniuses" at the Amex who know all. Most all hated Barnes because he was "shit and slow and missed chances" I still believe it's fools like them who were part of the reason he left, and who could blame him for the stick he received.

Maybe threads like this can remind people to support our players rather than slate them.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Not really. I'm surrounded by "football geniuses" at the Amex who know all. Most all hated Barnes because he was "shit and slow and missed chances" I still believe it's fools like them who were part of the reason he left, and who could blame him for the stick he received.

Maybe threads like this can remind people to support our players rather than slate them.

This.

Totally sums up particular fans who know nowt about "team work" which Barney did a lot of, our loss is Burnley's gain. At today's prices he was a bargain at £750k.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, but perhaps the higher wages and likelihood of Premiership football meant he would have moved regardless? I don't mind the odd thread but it seems as though every time Barnes plays well/scores there's a new thread about him and it's the same for other former players.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The wonderful thing is that if he were (however unlikely) to come back one day, he'd only have to miss one chance for the buggers to come crawling out the woodwork screaming 'I TOLD YOU SO' again :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here