Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashely Barnes

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Imagine how many he could have got if he wasn't so shit :wink:

Yes. That's so true. It did make me laugh. If only he could be less shit and score more goals! He's my favourite player personally. Works his dagenhams off.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I must admit, I am firmly in the ' I'm not sure ' camp

When I see him play, he can be so frustrating! Especially his control sometimes, the fact he goes down easily etc

But when you think that he is what, 23? And isn't predominantly used as a striker, he always pops up with goals!

You can't complain about that

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Makes you wonder how many more he'll have to score to win the doubters over.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Great player and I still find it surprising he is only 22 and still a lot of time to learn. Also has a great birthday! :D

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Anyone got his goals per shots stats? (not including pens?)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
What I like about Barnes is all the other work he does for the team apart from scoring and is a great player to have on the pitch when you are under a bit of defensive pressure.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thought he played really well yesterday. Took his goal well and played the main frontman role well after CMS went off chasing down everything.

Can't believe he still has to win over any fans but sadly I think there will be some people who will always not like him for their own reasons. My view is he has been fantastic since signing and is incredible value for the relatively small fee we paid for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My ONLY criticism of Barnes is his tendency to let the red mist come down, he sometimes behaves a bit recklessly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But when you think that he is what, 23? And isn't predominantly used as a striker, he always pops up with goals!

You can't complain about that
and yet...

When I see him play, he can be so frustrating!
you do :D

Like you say though, he's not even used as a striker half the time (although he has taken a few penalties). It's a great return.

Mr Bums

Jan 31, 2012
Ruined my day AGAIN yesterday by being picked.

When will Poyet ever learn?

Until TB sees sense and appoints Tony Pulis as manager Brighton will achieve nothing.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
With the right service hes a 20 goal a season striker at this level at least and people say he is shit? I can remember sides in the past which where crying out for a 20 goal a season striker and we have possibley 3.

To many vocal types on here who no f*** all about football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here