Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As the window closes

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Are you upbeat or downbeat about the in's and out's
Has DK met your expectations with his talk about being surpised of the quality of players he was trying to bring in?
My feeling is we look a weaker sqaud now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Worried about midfield with the current injuries, I can see El Abd back in the middle Saturday but maybe not such a bad thing.

Did OGH leave or is there a place for him suddenly ?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
quite excited about our options upfront but the midfield looks very weak with no hammond,fraser or reid

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
I think we've done ok overall but, obviously, the injuries to Reid and Fraser have left us very short in central midfield. All is not lost if we don't sign a permanent replacement before midnight as we could try and obtain a loan when the loan window re-opens but I feel it's a missed opportunity because the writing's been on the wall re: Hammond's move for a while.

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
If Dick can reach that magic 5 then yes, I will be delighted.
If he dosen't then it still means loans are there for the taking!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hmm bit of both really. We have let more go than have come in and are now quite short in terms of quality midfielders. Need a winger or two and probably another centre half. Would settle for just a winger now though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If Dick can reach that magic 5 then yes, I will be delighted.
If he dosen't then it still means loans are there for the taking!
We've got five players in. Richards, McFaul, Thompson, Murray, Dixon.

However I don't feel we are any stronger as of now because of the weaknesses in midfield. We need at least one more addition! Also Tony Bloom's "gift" for Murray doesn't seem so special now since we have made a net transfer profit.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If we dont sign a midfielder before midnight it's going to be a very disappointing end to an interesting transfer window.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I think Knight's done well in the transfer window. To be honest we can only speculate on players who ewe haven't signed, so there's no point saying "he should have signed ..." because that mainly has to fall at Wilkins feet. Unfortunately losing one of our 2 most important players (Hammond and Forster) has rather soured the whole window, especially considering we now have just 3 (one of whom has never played for us before) out and out central midfielders on the books, but I can't complain about the signings we have made. Also can't complain about the money we've got for transfers - Hammond for £250,000 with only 6 months on contract is a good bit of business, and Elder for £35,000 is bloody genius! If we could get Leven that would really settle my nerves, but thats looking increasingly unlikely.

McFaul better be good!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Please can someone show me how he has strengthen the squad lost 5 gained 4
Lost Hammond Revell Elder O'Callaghan and Savage - gained Thomson Dixson Murray Mcfaul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here