Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] As far as goal celebrations go…

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Where does that one rank?

I wasn’t at Hereford, which I’m guessing was probably the best, so for me Storer 68 is the best one I can remember. But last night’s was very good.

Ali Mac’s last minute penalty against Man Utd was great, but penalties are different, it’s more relief than spontaneous delirium.

Wilkins v Ipswich was my go to one as a kid. As a young ish adult it was Virgo v Swindon. Buckley v Doncaster is probably the best one I can remember at the Amex.

Last night has to be top 5 in my 34 year Brighton career.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Bolton away in the cup early 90s
Ended up 50 yards away from where I was originally standing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wilkins against Ipswich - I was at the front of the North stand, in front of the open gate to the left of the goal as we looked at the pitch. The ball hit the net and the next thing I know I was on the halfway line. As I was waiting to get nicked I realised I was there because I was surrounded by the nearest 200 people to where I was standing.

I also missed Hereford, to my eternal regret. I couldn’t handle it at all. Storer was another level though, stayed off the pitch but I can still feel the head rush.

Last night was the best one at the Amex for me.

There have been some random contenders through the years. Pocagnoli at QPR. The winner against City in Covid where we couldn’t embrace, there were only 8000 there, yet the stadium went loopy. Ali Mac’s pen against Manure.

Jimmy Grimble

March’s equaliser away at Millwall in the FA Cup quarter final.

Dunk at Fulham the year we got promoted.

Pocognoli at QPR.

Undav against Arsenal.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dunk at Fulham the year we got promoted.

Definitely my favourite away match celebration. There were limbs everywhere. My sunglasses got knocked off my head and destroyed on the floor (thankfully they were cheap ones). I remember the gleeful look on Dunk's face when he knew he was about to score.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Surprised no one has mentioned Sir Glenn's last gasp winner at St.Andrews in our promotion season, before he ran the entire length of the pitch hotly persued by virtually the entire team, to celebrate in front of us jubilant fans.

Indeed it was from that moment that l finally acknowledged that yes, this could be the season we reach the Premier League!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Murrays goal at QPR, just before the Pocognoli bedlam goal. I was in the front row behind the goal with my 2 lads, Murray stopped arms outstretched about 3 yards in front of us, and gradually his team mates piled on and pushed him into the crowd, and straight into my arms for one of the best joyful sweaty cuddles ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here