Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arturo Lupoli - another striker to be linked with?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We may have had a scout at a game that Lupoli was playing in, but highly doubt they would have been present to specifically watch him.

If a forward does come in during the January window then it'll either be a half season loan from a Premiership club or the permanent signing of a promising player who can make the step up to playing Premiership football in the future. Lupoli with his track record suggests he'll struggle to make a good mark in League One.

That would make the most sense

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slim pickings from Serie B's goal scorers.
If you discount the elderly, hairy and big units, you're pretty much left with:-

Camillo Ciano

So off to segunda división, where the first man up is:-

Roger Martí

Search over, end of thread, drop mic, and exit stage left.
(although he's probably already too expensive, and worryingly has never played for the Albion before)

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Every transfer window now we seed false rumours ( or are happy to go along with them ) in the press.

This is just more of the same Smoky Mirrors.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd like us to move for Will Hughes and convert him to a number 10. Play him just behind Murray when Baldock's injured.

*This scenario is as likely as us signing Lupoli

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Him being 29 is suddenly making me feel VERY old......even though I'm the same age.

I remember him and Bendtner being viewed as WONDERKIDS at Arsenal when they were 17/18. Scary.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It's a bit too far in the future for me. I like the way Skalak and Knockeart just turned up as a surprise without speculated links beforehand.

Spot on, I don't remember many of our recent signings being trailed first, unless the agent is trying to pump up the price a la Pritchard

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a bit too far in the future for me. I like the way Skalak and Knockeart just turned up as a surprise without speculated links beforehand.
and in goal of the season Skalak's case, the signing was closely followed by a very loud:-

WWHHHHOOOOO

We've got 6 weeks of speculating about signing either Barnes or Ulloa, before hopefully Unkie Tone will grab us another randomist.
(Preferably one going by the name Roger - although he's now no longer random)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
and in goal of the season Skalak's case, the signing was closely followed by a very loud:-

WWHHHHOOOOO

We've got 6 weeks of speculating about signing either Barnes or Ulloa, before hopefully Unkie Tone will grab us another randomist.
(Preferably one going by the name Roger - although he's now no longer random)

Barnes scored a cracker the other week. He would probably do really well with the players we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here