Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Still no official announcement but a tweet from Kemy welcoming him to the club

EDIT: and announcement from club also...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Official.

10448511_10152879187633139_2610526624816709376_o.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nigel Clough on the phone right now to Sami begging him for the services of Chris O'Grady ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great stuff.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looks a great signing. Scored goals at highest level / good ratio, hopefully he'll fill his boots at this level with the chances we create.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well I'm guessing this puts a sock in it for the Bloom doubters.

Yet to be seen if he will be able to make a difference. I am bloody excited to find out. Bridge came with a similar rep as Bent has and well he was bloody fantastic, lets hope we can get him fit and get him banging in the goals.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well I'm guessing this puts a sock in it for the Bloom doubters.

Yet to be seen if he will be able to make a difference. I am bloody excited to find out. Bridge came with a similar rep as Bent has and well he was bloody fantastic, lets hope we can get him fit and get him banging in the goals.

There are certain similarities with Upson too. And that worked out well.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Delighted. Great signing for Burke and Bloom to pull off and he should fit nicely into the team. After all, the last 2 ex-England Internationals we signed on loan were fairly decent. Cant understand the negativity behind this signing myself, he could be immense in this league !!

In other news, another reported Albion loan target, Palarse's Adlene Guedioura has joined Watford instead - id much rather go Bent myself :moo:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Can't bloody wait for Saturday. It's my birthday and seeing an International PL striker in an Albion shirt will more than make up for getting the usual socks and Hi Karate.

I'll be excitable and smellable in the ESU.

PS - Please don't start him on the bench. please.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is exciting!! Well done Bloom, Burke and Co. I would never imagined that we'd have Bent in our team for Saturday.

Surely the nail in the coffin for COG - a shame, I was happy with his signing but it feels like he doesn't really fit in.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm only negative if this is just a one month loan. I thought the Al-Habsi deal was a waste of time/money so providing we do extend this one for the season then I'm more than happy.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Can't bloody wait for Saturday. It's my birthday and seeing an International PL striker in an Albion shirt will more than make up for getting the usual socks and Hi Karate.

I'll be excitable and smellable in the ESU.

PS - Please don't start him on the bench. View attachment 60377
That's a bit ungrateful. I got you Old Spice last year anyway!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I'm only negative if this is just a one month loan. I thought the Al-Habsi deal was a waste of time/money so providing we do extend this one for the season then I'm more than happy.

Fairly sure that "emergency" loans can only be the inital 1 month, and then extended if necessary - I am happy to be corrected though. Makes sense though, if it doesnt work out (like Al-Habsi), why would we want it to be a longer period ?

The main issue could be that with Villa having a striker issue, there may well be a high chance of him being recalled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here