Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsene Wenger is FINNISH

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pompey are a proper club whose fans ( like ourselfs ) helped save their club .

Wow. Just wow. I'm guessing it's fair to say you don't know that much about BHA?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's all about opinions...you tend to sneer at any club you deem has inferior facilities .

It's not opinions and I'm certainly not sneering. You said your infrastructure is light years ahead of quoted clubs. You are wrong and that's a fact. Your stadium is in dire need of repair and does not conform to FA requirements for disabled access. It is quite literally unfit for purpose. You also have a Cat 2 academy when almost all other PL clubs have a Cat 1 academy. Your infrastructure is therefore clearly worse than almost all other PL clubs.

You stated that it's what happens on the pitch that matters. That is true but if you have to keep spending all your money on buying players and spend none elsewhere then a) your infrastructure gets worse and b) you will eventually get docked points when the FA have had enough of the lacksadaisical efforts of your club to conform to their rules.

Those are all facts. None are opinions.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's not opinions and I'm certainly not sneering. You said your infrastructure is light years ahead of quoted clubs. You are wrong and that's a fact. Your stadium is in dire need of repair and does not conform to FA requirements for disabled access. It is quite literally unfit for purpose. You also have a Cat 2 academy when almost all other PL clubs have a Cat 1 academy. Your infrastructure is therefore clearly worse than almost all other PL clubs.

You stated that it's what happens on the pitch that matters. That is true but if you have to keep spending all your money on buying players and spend none elsewhere then a) your infrastructure gets worse and b) you will eventually get docked points when the FA have had enough of the lacksadaisical efforts of your club to conform to their rules.

Those are all facts. None are opinions.

The ground and the academy will get done in time .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So you agree, your infrastructure isn't light years above Burnley or Watford. As for being addressed - It was highlighted over 3 years ago how bad the situation was at Selhurst Park. It's right here in black and white http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26662957 Since then your club has pocketed over £300 million quid, spent it all on players and managers and done absolutely nothing about it. Last year they spent about 0.3% of turnover on infrastructure. So no - your club has not really addressed it. If things carry on as they are you will get points docked, and rightly so, which puts paid to the lie that it's just what you do on the pitch that counts. Infrastructure matters too and yours is tinpot.

And you reckon your infrastructure is light years ahead of Boro who have a top notch 35k seater stadium and also have a Cat 1 football academy. Your club is in the same pool as Barnsley, Coventry and Bolton. Once again, you are not light years ahead of Boro with your infrastructure.

To be fair Palace did splash out a couple of hundred quid to draw a pcture of the new stadium.

View attachment 83913

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
a proper club whose fans ( like ourselfs ) helped save their club . .

Let's ignore this bit, and the fact that Albion fans (quite literally) wrote that particular book. Let's even ignore 'ourselfs'.

You have been given a massive leg up and fair play for bloom in doing that but it will mean sod all next season if you struggle .

Let's have a think about this part instead. You see, spending all that money on a world class stadium and training facilities, and establishing a Cat 1 academy, is the one thing that categorically will NOT 'mean sod all' if a club has a poor season on the pitch. Its what makes a club stable and viable long term, and gives the very best chance of riding out a poor season or two on the field, and bouncing back full of health.

Spending tens of millions on big name players that underperform, then sit and sulk in your reserves on £60k a week - that is spending that genuinely counts for nothing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The ground and the academy will get done in time .

So we agree then - your club has one of the worst infrastructures in the PL and currently the club are content to concentrate spending their income on wages rather than investing it. As a business model that's fine all the while you are in the PL but as clubs such as Pompey have found out to their cost it's at best a very precarious position to be in.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So we agree then - your club has one of the worst infrastructures in the PL and currently the club are content to concentrate spending their income on wages rather than investing it. As a business model that's fine all the while you are in the PL but as clubs such as Pompey have found out to their cost it's at best a very precarious position to be in.
I'm happy with it . It seems it bothers you more .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm happy with it . It seems it bothers you more .

Yes, knowing how much money is washing around in the PL and having seen how much of a difference it can make for disabled fans to be able to attend matches the same as able-bodied ones. it bothers me greatly when clubs choose not to do anything about it.

Your club clearly doesn't regard the concept of football for everyone as a high priority, you're not fussed about it either and that's pretty shitty. Consider me bothered.

Edit - Suggest you watch this video to see how much of a big deal it is for less-abled fans to be able to attend football matches "normally". There are Palace fans with similar disabilities. http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-fan-and-disabled-wheelchair-user-sam-elliott

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It takes years, you should know that.

F*ck me, you really do have no mates. Look at the post count you've run up on here you sad arsed bellend.

I wouldn't dream of posting on Palace forums (I won't use the phrase 'your forum' as NSC is clearly yours). Please explain your need to big it up on here (all you limited in life trolls that is).

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
**** me, they really are thick aren't they? I really hope they stay up, then we smash them home and away and then they end up like pompey.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes, knowing how much money is washing around in the PL and having seen how much of a difference it can make for disabled fans to be able to attend matches the same as able-bodied ones. it bothers me greatly when clubs choose not to do anything about it.

Your club clearly doesn't regard the concept of football for everyone as a high priority, you're not fussed about it either and that's pretty shitty. Consider me bothered.

Edit - Suggest you watch this video to see how much of a big deal it is for less-abled fans to be able to attend football matches "normally". There are Palace fans with similar disabilities. http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-fan-and-disabled-wheelchair-user-sam-elliott

We are doing something for our disabled fans in the close season .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
F*ck me, you really do have no mates. Look at the post count you've run up on here you sad arsed bellend.

I wouldn't dream of posting on Palace forums (I won't use the phrase 'your forum' as NSC is clearly yours). Please explain your need to big it up on here (all you limited in life trolls that is).

Why do I need to explain anything to you .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Embarrassing you at the Amex
Showing you what an atmosphere is
Not putting up with the majority of neutrals that make up your fanbase.

Take your pick Nobby.

The only ones embarrassed about that night should be Crystal Palace. Your scummy club chose to keep quiet about the dressing room incident-knowing full well what happened. Your scumbag chairman chose to let the media drag BHA's reputation down to his level when he could have revealed what we all knew-that it was a pikey responsible.

THAT should embarrass all of you but your club has no moral compass whatsoever-from its owners all the way down to you knuckle draggers.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
How fecking sad. These tw@ts have been hiding all year, they beat Arsenal and what do they do? Come back on here, gloating like they're frigging world beaters. They are the Leeds of Surrey. Time for some digital disinfectant.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Did I read the first time since 79 if so you cant blame em lol

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hopefully I can shed some light on the subjects raised in this thread.
The stadium re développement is in motion, with around £100 mill ring fenced from the Americans and the existing Palace directors. It's a slow process, with negotiations with Croydon council and Sainsbury's ongoing.
The design team from the Liverpool recent stand re build are on board, and a similar stand to Anfield Road ( I e , build over existing stand) is favoured for the Old Stand.
The new disabled section is being built at the end of the season, with the loss of approx 600 seats to make the room.
The academy has appointed a new person to oversee the new academy centre and cat 1 status.
No new cladding has been earmarked ATM.

Hopefully this helps our more excitable members a return to a more normal breathing pattern.
Laters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here