Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
For £50m I'd say that's a great bit of business for the Albion.

We have:

Dunk
Webster
Burn
Veltman

In the existing squad who can play CB (With March back Veltman will be freed up).

Plus

Clarke,
Ostigard
Lars Dendonker
Paul Van Hecke

I might have missed one? Plenty of cover.

That aside the most important aspect is that the academy has started to produce players that we can make a BIG profit on, and this will actually encourage talented kids to join the Albion, as the pathway is there.

Lamptey back to free up Veltman, Shirley?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm sort of amazed he's going to Arsenal. Definitely thought he'd be Liverpool or Man Utd bound (especially after the rumours that Maquire sees him as a the perfect partner).

I wish him all the best though and I'll be really interested to follow his career. But I would have loved one more season, in front of crowds, and (selfishly) for him to be remembered as a Brighton player, rather than a mixture of loans.

Still it sends a great message to talented young players, regarding our youth development and what they can achieve.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going to be gutted if he does go, was really looking forward to watching him for at least a season. My 7 year old who worships him and has name on his shirt will be devastated! I told him White lives in Worthing and he's been going on about us moving there!

I really do think he's better than Arsenal though. Fully expect him to move to City, Liverpool or another elite level club in a year or two so hope we do add in a sell on clause.

I'm just waiting for Leeds fans to insist they have a sell on clause as well now we're selling him :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Wow. good business. A good move for Ben I think, assuming Arteta is given time to build his own squad, BW can be an integral part of it. possibly captain even in a few years . . .

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Good luck to him although I still think he could have held on for a move to a bigger club than Arsenal.

I’d like to see Ostigaard given a chance in pre season. From what I’ve seen, he’s possibly good enough to make the step up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For £50m I'd say that's a great bit of business for the Albion.

We have:

Dunk
Webster
Burn
Veltman

In the existing squad who can play CB (With March back Veltman will be freed up).

Plus

Clarke,
Ostigard
Lars Dendonker
Paul Van Hecke

I might have missed one? Plenty of cover.

That aside the most important aspect is that the academy has started to produce players that we can make a BIG profit on, and this will actually encourage talented kids to join the Albion, as the pathway is there.

All of this, great post.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wow. good business. A good move for Ben I think, assuming Arteta is given time to build his own squad, BW can be an integral part of it. possibly captain even in a few years . . .

Good news for BW, but I hope that's the end of it, possibly Bissouma departing, but no more, or we'll be a middle of the road Championship Palarse team :lolol:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Good luck to him although I still think he could have held on for a move to a bigger club than Arsenal.

I’d like to see Ostigaard given a chance in pre season. From what I’ve seen, he’s possibly good enough to make the step up.

I'd like to see Ostigaard get a chance, I think he's an exciting propspect.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'm sort of amazed he's going to Arsenal. Definitely thought he'd be Liverpool or Man Utd bound (especially after the rumours that Maquire sees him as a the perfect partner).

I wish him all the best though and I'll be really interested to follow his career. But I would have loved one more season, in front of crowds, and (selfishly) for him to be remembered as a Brighton player, rather than a mixture of loans.

Still it sends a great message to talented young players, regarding our youth development and what they can achieve.

The moment he's out the door he's dead to me.

Does that make me a horrible person?

Edit: Sorry, typo. I meant to write, I am a horrible person.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have Arsenal kept enough back for Biss?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope Leo Østigård now signs his new contract and gets his chance in the 25.

:albion2:

Last edited:

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
The moment he's out the door he's dead to me.

Does that make me a horrible person?

Edit: Sorry, typo. I meant to write, I am a horrible person.

Strange because he's been a professional for us BUT you can tell that his 'heart' has never been here. He wanted to go to Leeds and he didn't really look 'happy' here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Great business for us, that's crazy money!

I think they're over paying but ultimately he improves their squad and in a couple of years time he might actually be a £50m CB. In the crazy world of football transfers sometimes you have to gamble on a player early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here