Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He’s not alone, a lot of footballers are not big fans of the game. Nothing wrong or abnormal about that, probably helps them maintain professionalism throughout their career.

In fact I believe our own Bobby has said he’s not a massive fan in the past and doesn’t watch a lot of football.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't see anything strange in the fact that he has a life outside of football.

He would have been something like 7 years old when Viera was playing and i remember a interview where he said that none of his family where interested in football.

I suspect that many of the players in our squad will know hardly anything about the history of our club or players of the past like Peter Ward. Frankly who cares as long as they give 100 percent for the club on the pitch.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He’s not alone, a lot of footballers are not big fans of the game. Nothing wrong or abnormal about that, probably helps them maintain professionalism throughout their career.

In fact I believe our own Bobby has said he’s not a massive fan in the past and doesn’t watch a lot of football.

Indeed. Nothing strange about it.

Olof Mellberg who played a lot of games for Villa and had 100+ caps for Sweden said he never watched football and when they asked him about his favorite sportsman he mentioned racing horse Victory Tilly.

He still turned into a trainer though and turned interested after his career. Sometimes footballers think its just too much to play football + be a football fan as its a bit cake on cake. And sometimes they just go on to do completely different things after their careers.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In the words of Madness, on their track Ghost Train:

I hear the Arse train rumbling
along the track to set them free.
And I hear them
It's Ben White don't try to hide him.
It's Ben White don't try to hide him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I was going to say Bobby Zamora sprung to mind as well - never watched football on telly and had little interest in it outside of games he was involved in

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“Arsenal didn’t feel like a big club when I came here, it was so welcoming””. :lolol:

He never watches football either, burn him

All I'll say is many of my running routes go by the house he had in Worthing, and I often run in the evening.

Whenever I ran by his house when I was listening to football commentary, I could see the game was on in his lounge due to the massive TV and no curtain combination he had going on.

If he wasn't watching the games, Mrs White-to-be must be VERY keen on watching football.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
All I'll say is many of my running routes go by the house he had in Worthing, and I often run in the evening.

Whenever I ran by his house when I was listening to football commentary, I could see the game was on in his lounge due to the massive TV and no curtain combination he had going on.

If he wasn't watching the games, Mrs White-to-be must be VERY keen on watching football.

I think the interview says he didn't watch football when he was growing up...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was in Austin, Texas this week. The city has been so impressed by his meteoric rise in the game, they've named a boulevard after him:-

BenWhiteBlvd.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

At least we now know the real reason he left Sussex

GW059F2KYPXfgZlZ.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here