Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite a few people wiser and altogether less bedwetty than I pointed out that we should expect the occasional aberration such as last week as a consequence of the way we play.

Gawd bless 'em!
Yep. As per my thread after the Everton game. :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've been out in my garden here in France since the end of the first half as I couldn't cope with the tension of it all. My neighbour has just greeted me with news....3-0. Unbelievable....ecstatic isn't even close.....!!!!!!

59 years I have been supporting the Albion through thick and thin. WHAT A F*****G Season this is......
You missed a great half

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every silver lining ….. has icing on top.

IMG_4104.png

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It was a bit tbh - in the first half both teams were guilting of loosing possession with some careless passing - including Cowill, Mitoma and Gilmour but all played an excellent game overall.

I just don’t think it’s particularly clever to be down on any player after a win like that - no, none of them are perfect and no player has plays consistently well over the season as we know but we win as a team and all players played their part today. We would have been much weaker in MF without Mackie and that’s the point.

And Arsenal were also playing in Blue today so that confuses the issue 😂
Hope you're keeping well mate. (y)

Just the tonic, today eh?!?! :giggle:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Deniz Undav speaking to Sky Sports:

"We showed a good reaction after defeat by Everton. It was a big three points and we're happy we got the win."

"The manager showed us a Michael Jordan video, to show us how he motivated himself each game. He showed us after the defeat by Everton and I think it was the right choice to show us the video and we showed today how mentally strong we are."

Jason Steele:

"Last week was a freak result. We're still learning and it showed us that we have to maintain our mental attitude week in, week out."

"After last week it was a case of resetting and making sure we were fully prepared for today. It was massive for us, We've now beaten Manchester United and Arsenal in the last three games, and if we can't grow from that and take confidence from that then we're doing something wrong."

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It was a bit tbh - in the first half both teams were guilting of loosing possession with some careless passing - including Cowill, Mitoma and Gilmour but all played an excellent game overall.

I just don’t think it’s particularly clever to be down on any player after a win like that - no, none of them are perfect and no player has plays consistently well over the season as we know but we win as a team and all players played their part today. We would have been much weaker in MF without Mackie and that’s the point.

And Arsenal we’re playing in Blue today so that confuses the issue 😂

Mate we are all fans, me casually saying Ali Mac gave the ball away more than usual and has been a bit quiet last few games is not negative. I said it whilst we were still 0-0 too, not just after going ahead.

You're ignoring all the praise I've heaped on our players and focusing on the one observation about Ali Mac.

I'm not the only one that made that observation about Ali Mac either btw.

Anyway I don't want to bang on about this after a great win! :ascarf:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don’t think I’ve ever been so proud as an Albion fan. Fantastic performance, especially after Monday’s horror show. Three more points at Newcastle please!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Every time we’ve beaten a top 6 team 90% of the coverage in the press is about how bad the top 6 side were.
Not today. We battered them 2nd half.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
:dezerbi:
❤️ ❤️❤️❤️
Nuff said!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Ooh, and I just won a packet of hob nobs off my neightbour! Thanks lads.

My neighbour and I were nattering before the game and I said we'd bouce back. He said I bet you a pack of biscuits Arsenal would win.

True to his word I am now muching them with a pint of beer! Crumb-tastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here