Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fatalistic crap
Well it's what Hughton thinks, and it's what those on SSN said as Huddersfield headed for 3-0 down by half time yesterday. In fact it's what all the pundits said.

If you've got the tactics to help relegation favourites get a result away to a top 5 team, maybe you should become a manager?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think we have a better chance in these games of playing our natural attacking style. Absolutely we could get pumped but teams like Arsenal are too good to surrender 80% of pitch and possession, they will inevitably score or you will inevitably make a mistake. Commentators taking about training sessions - sticks in the throat. Only chance really is disrupting teams like Arsenal and making them turn back - you just have to gamble on hurting them first

And lose 6-1.

Pretty much the ONLY way to win somewhere like Arsenal is to nick a winner when it's too late for them to respond.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well their just not brave enough , or aren't allowed to be .

Arsenal have looked a bit iffy when we have been more positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not actually watching so not qualified to commentate on today's game but can we afford to venture upfield using our fullbacks against teams with quick wingers? Maybe the greyhound will oust Bruno and give us more attacking options? I am a massive Bruno fan but I do think he is a weak link in an attacking Albion at this level.

Well it's what Hughton thinks, and it's what those on SSN said as Huddersfield headed for 3-0 down by half time yesterday. In fact it's what all the pundits said.

If you've got the tactics to help relegation favourites get a result away to a top 5 team, maybe you should become a manager?
**** me you are a boring count

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Might sound daft but this game has excited me for the rest of the season. We look far more dangerous with pace, and that bodes well for the future.
We should have won it, let down by Hughton's tactics. I expect he'll be gone by morning.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bit too casual for me Propper

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
Apart from us having more corners than them in the first half of course.

I take your point though surely this early in the season we're looking for good signs against teams of this calibre.... and there've been some. I'm sure as the season goes on we'll be more ambitious against teams we have a real opportunity against, rather than just a puncher's chance.

Don't get me wrong I can see positives from this game, at times we have had good chances and when we do go forwards with a bit of speed we look dangerous and yes as the season goes on I think we will do better against the top sides, I think I'm just disappointed that along with sitting back (which can work) we have been very sloppy in passing, giving ourselves effectively no chance in this one

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Well it's taken 85 minutes but Brighton have finally decided they can play at this level." FFS!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like our fans are STILL outsinging Arsenal?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Schelotto is quite positive, he won't get a start until he cuts that shit out of his game :moo:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Schelotto is quite positive, he won't get a start until he cuts that shit out of his game :moo:

:lolol:

Thanks for that given how we appear to have played. I needed a laugh.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not actually watching so not qualified to commentate on today's game but can we afford to venture upfield using our fullbacks against teams with quick wingers? Maybe the greyhound will oust Bruno and give us more attacking options? I am a massive Bruno fan but I do think he is a weak link in an attacking Albion at this level.

Not so much going hell for leather but when we win the ball in the middle it's like a hot potato and it's just a back pass . Need to be braver

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're losing 2-0 and the Brighton fans are in full voice, good effort that!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shame Murray couldn't play from the start. We look way better with him on the pitch
No, not having that, it's nothing to do with Hemed being unavailable or Murray coming back from injury, it's all because we didn't have a go from the off.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Must've been a firedrill

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We have now played Arsenal and Man City, conceding a total of four goals. Palace concede that in one match!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here