Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal v Brighton and Hove Albion WSL 7.30 tonight ko

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What are the expectations this season ? Are we weaker with the players gone or have we replaced them with better players ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What are the expectations this season ? Are we weaker with the players gone or have we replaced them with better players ?

On paper, far weaker given the outs and the ins. Same as with the men, the rich top four clubs are always going to cherry-pick the best talent from the rest of the league so it will be just about impossible for any club outside of the top 4 to break through. But there we have it. That's modern football.

BHAFC 33/1 to win tonight if anybody has money to burn. Arsenal 1/18. Reflects the huge gulf between the two sides.

(Arsenal -2 @5/6 and -3 @11/5 look enticing)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cherry picked by the looks of things,limited knowledge of the players signed and looks like we'll do very well to emulate last season's finish,the attendances will be interesting especially when the Amex is used for a game, hopefully the novelty won't wear off and a few more bums on seats get to see the WSL live.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Cherry picked by the looks of things,limited knowledge of the players signed and looks like we'll do very well to emulate last season's finish,the attendances will be interesting especially when the Amex is used for a game, hopefully the novelty won't wear off and a few more bums on seats get to see the WSL live.
The attendances will be very interesting, seeing as you now have to pay for Seagull Travel transport to The Amex for ladies' games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Agreed.

Just a shame that neither of the AMEX games are against the "big 4". Chelsea and Arsenal both have good away followings and seeing some of our Euros heroes is likely to have put far more bums on seats.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Does appear somewhat odd after spending so much on the training ground our team has been weakened.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen we are 40-1 to win. I agree very strange. It looks like we have gone backwards when millions spent on training facilities. I also find it strange no pre season interview with manager talking about prospects for season.
Maybe unhappy with what has gone on but hanging on in there because may not walk into another job
It was not long ago I think we drew at Chelsea.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Just seen we are 40-1 to win. I agree very strange. It looks like we have gone backwards when millions spent on training facilities. I also find it strange no pre season interview with manager talking about prospects for season.
Maybe unhappy with what has gone on but hanging on in there because may not walk into another job
It was not long ago I think we drew at Chelsea.

Hope Powell was interviewed on SSN this morning. She said a lot if the "right" things, but overall I got the feeling she wasn't brimming over with enthusiasm for the coming season. We'll see.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I think we'll do OK this season with what I've seen so far under the circumstances. I predict our highest placed finish.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
4-0 all finished

Going to be a long season

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just finished watching the match on delay.

Knew it was going to be a tough game with players out through illness and injury it what is a light squad anyway with the players who left last season and not picking up many in the transfer window, but for Kullberg to get a red so early made it an impossible task. According to the match report, Blackstenius was offside but it was still a rash tackle to have made as the flag hadn't gone up. Nearly stopped watching then, but kept watching to the end for my sins...

Bance didn't have a good game, but Robinson looked lively for awhile after coming on for her at halftime and we did at times pass nicely and not panic with the ball. Lee continues to frustrate - dwells on the ball too long or gives the ball away when passing. She seems to do better when defending - maybe she should drop back!

Even aside from our squad issues you could see the difference in quality between Arsenal and Brighton, and that is going to make breaking into the top four (a long term objective for the womens team) very hard as we won't be able to attract the quality of players we would need unless we throw money at them which is not the Brighton way.

My player of the match - Walsh who did well to keep the scoreline down.

Next game is Reading a week on Sunday at the Amex. Hopefully some of the missing players will be back and we will do better against a team more at our 'level'. Going to be a long season until the next transfer window - think we will be utilizing a lot of the players from the development squad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here