Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haha good one Ned

[tweet]1480225719800279051[/tweet]

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What’s it’s got to do with football ? Another campaign that has nothing to do football

Listen, I'm not one who particularly likes one minutes silence for Bob the Otter, who got his flipper hurt by some floating debris - or a minutes applause for Bert Smetherington who played for the club from 1951-57, and I can't even hand-on-heart say that I'm not bored with taking the knee against people calling each other stupid names - but actually murdering people with knives, ending young lives, shattering families and communities, is something which I'm actually happy to see done.

Will it change gang culture in the UK, and will it makes dumb-arse people throw their knives away? Not immediately, but hopefully this is a start...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
*players take a knee*

It's all well and good making a performative stand about racism, but why don't they do something about knife crime, eh?

*Arsenal do something about knife crime*

Pfft. Another Political statement. What good will it do, eh?!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What a strange thing to say. That would suggest it is contentious - who in their right mind would disagree with the point of this?

Very much this if you want to be offended by a shirt then no better place to start than the monstrosity Palace wore yesterday in their continued fraudulent attempts to claim they are the oldest football club in the world

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Listen, I'm not one who particularly likes one minutes silence for Bob the Otter, who got his flipper hurt by some floating debris - or a minutes applause for Bert Smetherington who played for the club from 1951-57, and I can't even hand-on-heart say that I'm not bored with taking the knee against people calling each other stupid names - but actually murdering people with knives, ending young lives, shattering families and communities, is something which I'm actually happy to see done.

Will it change gang culture in the UK, and will it makes dumb-arse people throw their knives away? Not immediately, but hopefully this is a start...

How come I’m the last to know about Bob the Otter, FFS?

Get well soon Bob.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What’s it’s got to do with football ? Another campaign that has nothing to do football
Yeah, like that mental health one and that annoying prostate cancer thing.

Health and safety gone made.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So are they sending a message to the knife murderers or to the establishment?

"Arsenal wore a white t-shirt yesterday so I'll refrain from stabbing you."

"Hmm, Arsenal wore a white t-shirt in their game against Nottingham so we've decided to ban the production and possession of knives."

Knife crime is not some isolated issue, it is part of a variety of bigger problems.

This is a marketing campaign by Adidas, nothing more.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a strange thing to say. That would suggest it is contentious - who in their right mind would disagree with the point of this?

No, it’s understandable. Football used to start at 3pm. Now, if it does, we’ve got to do the round of applause for key workers, take a knee for anti racism, a minute silence for Remembrance (once for soldiers, another for fans), then possibly another minute for someone connected to the club, then another round applause for someone famous in football not remotely connected to the club, then perhaps another in unusual circumstances for statespersons, not forgetting rainbow armbands, flags and laces with accompanying announcements…Anyway, football virtue signalling/ support for, depending on your view, at every game, is here to stay, it’s become normalised. But you could forgive people turning up at 3.05-3.10ish if they’re only interested in watching a game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How come both teams are allowed to wear white shorts ?

Apparently the Premier League no longer has a colour clash rules for shorts (although some refs insist on them being different).

Different coloured socks are considered more important - to differentiate players in tackles etc.

Maybe the FA has done away with it for the FA Cup too?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

"Hmm, Arsenal wore a white t-shirt in their game against Nottingham so we've decided to ban the production and possession of knives."

Knife crime is not some isolated issue, it is part of a variety of bigger problems.

I bit more info in case you want to educate yourself, which I doubt seeing as you seem to think you know everything.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/meet-our-no-more-red-charity-partners

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

They're sending the message to people working toward supporting the community, raising awareness in the general public who may wish to donate/support these entities, or get involved themselves. But sure, cynically boil it down to wearing a white shirt = stopping knife crime forever and mock the idea, if you want.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...part-of-adidas-anti-knife-crime-collaboration

"The idea that Arsenal are going to come out in an all-white kit and say 'No More Red' will hopefully make people think 'Hang on, what's going on here?' - then look further and try and find out more," actor Idris Elba told Sky Sports News.
The 10 shirts worn by Arsenal's outfield players in the cup tie will be gifted to organisations working in the community to address some of the root causes of knife crime and youth violence. The Don't Stab Your Future initiative - utilising fashion to support people working to keep kids away from crime - is one such organisation.​

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Oh dear

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They're sending the message to people working toward supporting the community, raising awareness in the general public who may wish to donate/support these entities, or get involved themselves. But sure, cynically boil it down to wearing a white shirt = stopping knife crime forever and mock the idea, if you want.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...part-of-adidas-anti-knife-crime-collaboration

"The idea that Arsenal are going to come out in an all-white kit and say 'No More Red' will hopefully make people think 'Hang on, what's going on here?' - then look further and try and find out more," actor Idris Elba told Sky Sports News.
The 10 shirts worn by Arsenal's outfield players in the cup tie will be gifted to organisations working in the community to address some of the root causes of knife crime and youth violence. The Don't Stab Your Future initiative - utilising fashion to support people working to keep kids away from crime - is one such organisation.​

Adidas is a company with a horrible human rights record and now they're whitewashing their brand. Newcastle will do similar things.

Great business idea. Whitewash your brand, get normal poor people to donate money while Arsenal can keep paying Aubameyang £250k per week. Goodwill that will make people buy t-shirts made by non-paid factory workers while they dont have too spend many pounds themselves (though they certainly could).

A brilliant business move but sorry if I'm reluctant to praise it as some kind of selfless effort to make the world better.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Too many statements being made in football these days. Looks good but won't sell many in club shop especially to us fat blokes....

How many is 'Too many', just out of interest?

Personally I think that football – which is, let's remember, a MASSIVE event up and down not just this country but around the world every week – should play a role in raising awareness in local, national and global issues.

Are you against advertising in the stadium and on the shirts? What about Remembrance Sunday and the tribute to the Shoreham Air Show? How do you feel about black armbands to celebrate 'legends' from clubs when they pass away?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I didn't want or anticipate a reaction from a few like this. I was trying to highlight a response to a serious issue.

Sorry, I personally for one currently, don't want to be embroiled in a binfest thread, if needed be, MODS close it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here