Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal kit today

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not against any thank you very much, it is possible to give balance by expressing other peoples point of view, inc a bit of exaggeration to make a point, without sharing them. You’ve jumped to an unfair conclusion so take your Gammon and put some pineapple on it.

Certainly football is seen as a vehicle for change for pretty much everything, it’s not just in the PL this occurs. My only gripe is a fair bit of hypocrisy when it comes to football and campaigning eg developing womens game when FIFA had Sepp Blatter at the helm for 20 years. It’s sometimes like listening to Tory policy on tackling poverty. But there is also something about millionaires preaching to others about anything that can be nauseating. Maybe if Arsenal donated £2 from Ben Whites transfer to keep some Youth centres open in their back yard (shocking stat of 750+ closures nationwide was revealed), that sort of thing. I don’t know enough about what they already do, but I do know from lots of campaigning and charity work myself that there’s loads of hypocrisy, in fact I was once privy to some sensitive stuff involving a professional football club that was so. Anyway, let’s hope Elba and Wrighty do make an impact with their campaign because kids murdering kids is about as sick as a society can get.

Well over exaggeration does your cause no good at all. You just look like you're ranting into a void without any consideration of the complexities of the issues.

No doubt there are some in football who are corrupt. No doubt some are paying lip service. But all the time it's the most popular game in the world, schemes like AITC, campaigns like Rainbow Laces or Kick It Out or Arsenal changing kit will be far more effective and raise far more awareness than a youth worker handing out flyers in a church.

And I genuinely can't believe anyone is against the annual Remembrance games. These people gave their lives so the game could carry on. The least we can do is say thanks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s health and safety gone mad.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Christ, people are so sensitive these days. I remember what "snowflakes" were us lefties, but seriously, what's to complain about?

Knife crime = bad. High profile organisation uses profile to combat knife crime = good. As equations go, it's pretty simple.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Adidas is a company with a horrible human rights record and now they're whitewashing their brand. Newcastle will do similar things.

Great business idea. Whitewash your brand, get normal poor people to donate money while Arsenal can keep paying Aubameyang £250k per week. Goodwill that will make people buy t-shirts made by non-paid factory workers while they dont have too spend many pounds themselves (though they certainly could).

A brilliant business move but sorry if I'm reluctant to praise it as some kind of selfless effort to make the world better.

I agree with your comments regarding adidas. But I would contend that Nike's human rights record is just as bad if not even worse. And yet the club we love and support is quite happy to be supplied by Nike - as are teams and sportsmen all over the world. Nike has never had a penny from me and they never will.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Adidas is a company with a horrible human rights record and now they're whitewashing their brand. Newcastle will do similar things.

Great business idea. Whitewash your brand, get normal poor people to donate money while Arsenal can keep paying Aubameyang £250k per week. Goodwill that will make people buy t-shirts made by non-paid factory workers while they dont have too spend many pounds themselves (though they certainly could).

A brilliant business move but sorry if I'm reluctant to praise it as some kind of selfless effort to make the world better.

In your attempt to look ‘edgy’ or ‘cool’ all you do is come across as a bit misinformed and silly.

The fact that you have contributed to a discussion about what Arsenal have done proves that it has worked. Arsenal and in fact Adidas aren’t saying they are saints in the modern commercial world and as far as I can see aren’t looking for praise or thanks.

They have decided to use whatever platform they have to try and provoke discussion, awareness and a understanding of what young people are doing and offering a different conversation than involving themselves in gang culture.

Also had you read any of the info you would also realise much of this was driven by others and suggested to Arsenal who have then in conjunction with Adidas decided to develop the no more red campaign. So your concept and the to be honest over used phrase of ‘sports washing’ isn’t really relevant.

If this campaign saves just ONE life from a knife crime then it is both admirable and worthwhile … and perhaps if people like you started viewing the world in a more positive light and started thinking “what can I do to help” rather than “here is a list of reasons I’m going to criticise this” the world would be a much better place to live in.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
In your attempt to look ‘edgy’ or ‘cool’ all you do is come across as a bit misinformed and silly.

The fact that you have contributed to a discussion about what Arsenal have done proves that it has worked. Arsenal and in fact Adidas aren’t saying they are saints in the modern commercial world and as far as I can see aren’t looking for praise or thanks.

They have decided to use whatever platform they have to try and provoke discussion, awareness and a understanding of what young people are doing and offering a different conversation than involving themselves in gang culture.

Also had you read any of the info you would also realise much of this was driven by others and suggested to Arsenal who have then in conjunction with Adidas decided to develop the no more red campaign. So your concept and the to be honest over used phrase of ‘sports washing’ isn’t really relevant.

If this campaign saves just ONE life from a knife crime then it is both admirable and worthwhile … and perhaps if people like you started viewing the world in a more positive light and started thinking “what can I do to help” rather than “here is a list of reasons I’m going to criticise this” the world would be a much better place to live in.

Indeed, sometimes it feels like the world has become a place where the only crime is hypocrisy!

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn

In addition what are the players contributing other than wearing a shirt.
Marcus Rashford was recognised because he got off his behind and did something.

I know there are schemes like Albion in the community and assume other clubs do the same, but the ultimate responsibility for this type of issue should rest with the Government.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No ****ing way it is. Poverty and crime/violence are brothers. What is the primary way a society gets impoverished? Mega companies absorbing resources while evading taxes. Why are social services in many countries including yours understaffed and underfunded? Because big transnational companies like Adidas gets your money, turns into billion of profit ending up on some island or in the pockets of owners and shareholders while doing everything they can to give back as little as possible to your society.

If this was some philantropic altruistic endeavour they could invest £100m in preventing knife crime without needing to be mentioned in every third sentence about this "admirable campaign", but that isnt the idea here, they dont give a shit about your society, just like McDonalds dont give a **** despite their beautiful Ronald McDonald houses. What they want is not to "provoke discussion" or "make people understand", what they want is for you to like their brand and spend more money on it so they can move those pounds from the society into some rich ***** bank account.

They are not trying to save anyone, they are trying to rob everyone. They are not providing the solutions, they are providing the misery.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No ****ing way it is. Poverty and crime/violence are brothers. What is the primary way a society gets impoverished? Mega companies absorbing resources while evading taxes. Why are social services in many countries including yours understaffed and underfunded? Because big transnational companies like Adidas gets your money, turns into billion of profit ending up on some island or in the pockets of owners and shareholders while doing everything they can to give back as little as possible to your society.

If this was some philantropic altruistic endeavour they could invest £100m in preventing knife crime without needing to be mentioned in every third sentence about this "admirable campaign", but that isnt the idea here, they dont give a shit about your society, just like McDonalds dont give a **** despite their beautiful Ronald McDonald houses. What they want is not to "provoke discussion" or "make people understand", what they want is for you to like their brand and spend more money on it so they can move those pounds from the society into some rich ***** bank account.

They are not trying to save anyone, they are trying to rob everyone. They are not providing the solutions, they are providing the misery.

So saving one life isn’t worthwhile ?

Nice to know where you stand.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I felt a bit sorry for Idris Elba to be honest. There to promote the shirt and a cause and it gets one runout with an absolute
disaster of a game for Arsenal; forever associated with failure in a way.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I also assume your familiar with the rest of the work Arsenal have been doing in regards to combating knife crime over the last few years ?

Yeah thought not

I won’t type what I think you are as it will get me banned, however the fact you don’t think a life is worth saving sums you up

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So saving one life isn’t worthwhile ?

Nice to know where you stand.

It's a shame that the same argument can't be used to those against 'stop and search' powers for the police and the 'problems' it causes, especially when 20% of the time it leads to an arrest or confiscation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I also assume your familiar with the rest of the work Arsenal have been doing in regards to combating knife crime over the last few years ?

Yeah thought not

I won’t type what I think you are as it will get me banned, however the fact you don’t think a life is worth saving sums you up

Well, you deliberately choosing not to understand what I wrote sums you up as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well over exaggeration does your cause no good at all. You just look like you're ranting into a void without any consideration of the complexities of the issues.

No doubt there are some in football who are corrupt. No doubt some are paying lip service. But all the time it's the most popular game in the world, schemes like AITC, campaigns like Rainbow Laces or Kick It Out or Arsenal changing kit will be far more effective and raise far more awareness than a youth worker handing out flyers in a church.

And I genuinely can't believe anyone is against the annual Remembrance games. These people gave their lives so the game could carry on. The least we can do is say thanks.

I've not ranted at all, if anything you might want to look a bit closer to home. My point was that football cumulatively has perhaps become a bit of a pulpit and that understandably gripes with lots of people, especially when the preachers are multi-millionaires with a lot of skin deep double standards. Re: remembrance sunday in particular, I myself think football doesn't need to do this (now twice, over an extended fortnight period) when it didn't for the first, what, 80 years? I personally have always gone to my local parade if I can on the official Sunday/weekday. I don't need a Brighton & Hove Albion badge enamelled to a poppy, nor do i see the connection, to remember lost friends and family. But I also understand that today, unless you're openly displaying, it didn't happen, exist, you don't care etc. That's the world we now live in, it's here to stay and so perhaps it's not such an exaggeration that we'll eventually see a multitude of different claps, silences and displays before a game depending on a particular set of circumstances. We can then look forward to an 8.10pm KO on Boxing day ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here