Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal game tickets rant

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Who remembers going to reserve games to get a cup ticket it would cost a lot more than the extra charges now. The other way was collecting vouchers in programmes.

I went to the 1972 League Cup Final at Wembley between Stoke & Chelsea (2:1 to Stoke) by collecting vouchers in the football league supplement with the Albion programme. Saw many players including Gordon Banks for Stoke and a very strong Chelsea team of Bonetti, Harris, Dempsey, Webb, Osgood, Hudson et al.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A lot of things can go wrong, so I got in early.

Things known to have gone wrong:

BT goes down or runs too slow.
EMail from the club does not arrive
Printer fails to work
Computer does a wobbly

The most often is BT Broadband running so slow it does not function at all.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Bought online with ease and paid for posting as my poor old printer does not like barcodes. Received two emails confirming ticket and payment. All went smoothly. Total cost included £2 for online business and £1 for posting = £3.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Similarly, had no problems with site and received two emails confirming seating and payment.

That's my rant over.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Apologies if fixtures, but just logged on to buy my tickets for the Arsenal game.

Mildly surprised to see that these could not be loaded on to my season ticket but instead have to be picked up at the stadium or sent by post. No print at home option.

I was given the price of 42.00 per ticket. But when I came to pay, I discover there is another pound added for delivery by post or if I went to the Amex to pick them up! So actually the price is not 42.00 but 43.00.

Why do this? And why does it cost another pound to pick them up? Post I can just about accept.

I know these are small amounts, but its this sort of petty penny pinching by the club which really annoys me.

Bloody Barber!

Rant over.

Say the club sell 30,000 tickets . That pound from each of us adds up to an extra 30,000 pounds for the club.
nice little earning to say the least

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Really? I've always been under the impression it was paper ticket only. It annoyed me too until to club said something in the programme.

In fact I'm pretty sure the Reading and Hull games last season in the FA Cup was loaded onto the smart card for all STH even if they moved seats, I may be wrong though, I'm sure I can remember it being suggested the email is taken to the ground so help find the seat.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Say the club sell 30,000 tickets . That pound from each of us adds up to an extra 30,000 pounds for the club.
nice little earning to say the least

Do you really think selling a ticket costs ZERO, really

We are very much not alone in charging fees, almost every other club in the country does - if everybody bought a ticket using an Amex card the club would probably lose money

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In fact I'm pretty sure the Reading and Hull games last season in the FA Cup was loaded onto the smart card for all STH even if they moved seats, I may be wrong though, I'm sure I can remember it being suggested the email is taken to the ground so help find the seat.

I didn't go to the Hull game but the Reading game was definitely paper tickets, I remember queuing in the rain to get them.

I've just come back from the Amex: 50 minute wait for tickets after having given up trying to buy them online. It's not too bad, I've waited considerably longer before but it's now the 21st century, the club really should master the concept of e-commerce.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can anybody actually get through to the ticket office on the phone? Every time I try it just tells me my call can't be dealt with and cuts me off. Actually bought my tickets on Friday but no email has turned up... so I need to speak to someone....

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
They've now extended time for all STH to buy tickets.

Interestingly it now says on the ticket site:
"Season ticket holders now have until 9am on Wednesday 14th January to secure their seats for the fourth round clash with the Gunners.
After this deadline, seats will be released and season-ticket holders who have not already made a purchase may choose a seat in another area of the stadium."
Which seems to imply that if you want to sit somewhere else, you have to wait until Weds 14th January, and take pot-luck with all the non season ticket holders. This is just not true -- you can in fact log in now as a STH-holder, select your own seat, as if you want to buy it, and then click "change seat" and change it for a seat somewhere else in the ground (and even in season ticket areas, there's a fair number of seats not occupied by STHs). This definitely works, and I've got the email with the print at home tickets confirming this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But what of those that cannot for whatever reason. Does everybody own a computer?

I wish I had access to a computer or an iPad because I,d be on here having a right rant I can tell you BG.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I have just finished a week of nights but woke up this afternoon, went on the ticket site on my mobile, clicked print at home, paid and left in about 5minutes. I must be one of the lucky ones.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interestingly it now says on the ticket site:
"Season ticket holders now have until 9am on Wednesday 14th January to secure their seats for the fourth round clash with the Gunners.
After this deadline, seats will be released and season-ticket holders who have not already made a purchase may choose a seat in another area of the stadium."
Which seems to imply that if you want to sit somewhere else, you have to wait until Weds 14th January, and take pot-luck with all the non season ticket holders. This is just not true -- you can in fact log in now as a STH-holder, select your own seat, as if you want to buy it, and then click "change seat" and change it for a seat somewhere else in the ground (and even in season ticket areas, there's a fair number of seats not occupied by STHs). This definitely works, and I've got the email with the print at home tickets confirming this.

Just because you have an email and tickets does not guarantee entry on the day though, clearly this is a loop hole and hopefully when the button is pushed on Wednesday morning your seat isn't then sold again. I would definitely go online at 9am on Wednesday to check that seat isn't available again to avoid a possible issue on the 25th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here