Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal attendance yesterday

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Watching MOTD last night there was clearly more empty seats than normal at the Emirates but the official attendance was stated as 60,087. I would say it was nearer the 50,000 mark maximum. I assume they automatically count all ST's in the attendance despite there clearly being a lot of no shows, so ultimately the 'official' attendance will never be below 60,000. Disgraceful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Next season it will start getting a lot easier to watch Arsenal, STH's are starting to throw in the towel..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It s a bit of a joke. Mate of mine us a sth and he says they always laugh when they announce a 60k gate and uts quite clear its nowhere near that.

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
I had a feeling (don't know if this is true though...) that the clubs have to announce/publish 'attendance' as number of tickets sold for tax/VAT/accounting purposes...

Makes a bit of sense, otherwise what exactly is the point of every club doing so at nearly all levels of the game?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Disgraceful.

i'm not sure why anyone would care much really. its of mild interest what attendances are, if the clubs think it needs manipulting im left thinking "meh?".

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
i'm not sure why anyone would care much really. its of mild interest what attendances are, if the clubs think it needs manipulting im left thinking "meh?".

Simply because it's dis-honest and doesn't give a true reflection on how good their home support is.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Next season it will start getting a lot easier to watch Arsenal, STH's are starting to throw in the towel..

Yep, a friend of mine who is an Arsenal STH has told me he's trying to sell his ticket on for this season. £1,500 for a seat about 10 rows back, behind the goal.

Arsenal may need a reality check on the prices for next season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Simply because it's dis-honest and doesn't give a true reflection on how good their home support is.

aye, it is dishonest. but why the interest in their home support, if its really 50k what does that mean? :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yep, a friend of mine who is an Arsenal STH has told me he's trying to sell his ticket on for this season. £1,500 for a seat about 10 rows back, behind the goal.

Unlucky. If it was restricted view it'd probably be worth twice that amount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here