Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal approaching decade without trophy

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
My best friend is an arsenal fan and has been the unhappiest supporter I've known for the last 5 years, even though they have had champions league football for Yonks.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Arsenal have gone 8 years without winning a single trophy - players that have left since then have won 53 trophies combined.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
To be fair, considering their budget, it's a miracle they continually finish as high as they do.

Arsenal are a fantastically run club, with a great manager. Their glory years will be when the stadium has been paid off, unlike us their stadium wasn't paid for by a relaxed and interest free loan.

Untrue.

Deloitte and other football finance analysts show that Arsenal are continually in the top 4 of total player wages costs = surprise, surprise attaining top 4 by having a squad of highly paid and established european players.

No miracle by Wenger whatsoever.

It's people like Moyes who punch above their weight. Wenger couldn't live on that player budget.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
My best friend is an arsenal fan and has been the unhappiest supporter I've known for the last 5 years, even though they have had champions league football for Yonks.

Because he hasn't fallen for the Wenger lie (only adopted recently, once the silverware dried up), that CL games are as good as the club captain lifting sliverware to give the fans the ever lasting memory of glory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]302840256821071873[/tweet]

- - - Updated - - -

[tweet]302873233865195520[/tweet]

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But they qualify for the Champions' League year after year after year. Isn't that MUCH more important than winning a Cup that supposedly no one cares about? So why are the fans moaning? They're out of the Cup and can now concentrate on that all-important fourth place.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Lost any respect I had for Wenger when he made 1 of the most stupid decisions I've ever seen,the sale of the capt. of Brazil because he was too old and wasn't worth a 3 yr. contract and yes you guess it , 3yrs later he was still a part of a winning Brazil. Leaving the Amex after just losing 2-3, I walked for awhile behind a group of Arsenal supporters and listened to them bigging up their players,then 1 of them said ' yes we won but it took Wilshire to come on and get the result'and that for me sums them up last season it was RVP who save them this it's Wilshire.They've become a club relying on 1 outstanding player to pull their season out of the fire and it's falling apart slowly with a manager past his sell by date.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lost any respect I had for Wenger when he made 1 of the most stupid decisions I've ever seen,the sale of the capt. of Brazil

Personally, I cannot say I'm overly bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here