Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal and Palace tickets

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Yes, because currently it’s not working. You can be tier 1 for Palace, but unless you’re in the top ~1,500 you won’t be for Luton, B’mouth, Brentford. If that isn’t a closed shop then I don’t know what is.
But it’s not a closed shop because you can go to other games (that aren’t as attractive) and amass enough points to enter the upper tiers!

If you were a season ticket holder and decided that this season you were going to go to any away game you could qualify for, you’d be close to, if not comfortably in, tier one by the end of the season!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
What I would say though it's confusing if the Fan Council get involved in the Tier 2 issue tho - that's a judgment call between the interests of two different sets of Albion fans. Better that individuals lobby the club over that, I can see both sides of the debate. I'd prefer the Fan Council concentrate 100% on the non-basket emptying, as that's a clear cut case of people taking the piss because the ticket office aren't on the ball
The two things are linked though: if the club makes Tier 2 a very wide band, then they're making it a lottery, so it's especially important that the process is fair when sales open to tier 2.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The two things are linked though: if the club makes Tier 2 a very wide band, then they're making it a lottery, so it's especially important that the process is fair when sales open to tier 2.
Exactly this.

300+ tickets went within 5 minutes of the window opening.
Presumably this was because Tier1 were able to load the tickets up for a wide range of friends.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

True, but Arsenal went to tier 4 (all STH) didn't it ? - and Palace tickets were still available well into the T2 window so wasn't such a big deal with these two games in particular. Don't think the T2 band size is the main issue - the thing they have to start doing is stopping sales and clearing baskets for ALL new tier windows opening.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
True, but Arsenal went to tier 4 (all STH) didn't it ? - and Palace tickets were still available well into the T2 window so wasn't such a big deal with these two games in particular. Don't think the T2 band size is the main issue - the thing they have to start doing is stopping sales and clearing baskets for ALL new tier windows opening.
Arsenal didn’t make tier 3

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Arsenal away got as far as season ticket holders I got a ticket for Arsenal away
Oh, I thought that they had a Frankenstein style factory building robotic season ticket holders, and you had somehow obtained one to do something with, exactly what I wasn’t sure and didn’t like to ask. But you meant something else 😆

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have been Tier 1 for all games for the last three or four years, having built my points up by going on less popular away trips before that, but tend not to go to weekday away trips and haven't done any away European ones due to work. I suspect that will be a fairly common thing for people who work office hours in the week.

That said I seem to recall most northern games being 15 points which doesn't seem to happen so much anymore so building the points up might be harder.

bhafc_smithy

Jul 18, 2023
I didn’t manage to get a Arsenal away ticket. But you know how normally for games like the odd seat randomly comes up.
When will this be likely to happen

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I didn’t manage to get a Arsenal away ticket. But you know how normally for games like the odd seat randomly comes up.
When will this be likely to happened popped up this morning but were gone in about 10 minutes
A few popped up this morning but were gone in about 10 minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here