Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and Entitlement

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Willie Irvine was a great footballer and ambassador. He got sacked. And now he does not appear on the radio when we visit Turf Moor. Tradition went out of the window then.

PS: Thanks for taking Ashley Barnes off our hands.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Hi all.

I'm a Burnley fan, and I felt compelled to register and talk about Stephen Ward in light of some silly comments ive read over time on here.

I noticed that many posters on this forum have been very uncomplimentary towards Ward & even Barnes, for their decision to choose Burnley over Brighton. My question is why?

Brighton now have a lovely fresh stadium. It is admittedly impressive, but no more so than any of the other recently erected new build stadia that we've seen in recent years.

This stadium, and the chance to play at it, seems to be the main reason why posters here think the aforementioned players should have chosen Brighton over Burnley.

Unfortunately, I'm here to tell you that there are quite a number of reasons why a player would choose Burnley over Brighton.

Firstly, Burnley are a club that has woven strands into the fabric of English football. We are a founding member, multiple title winning team that has spent the majority of it's existence in the upper echelons of the Football League.

Brighton can boast none of this, and has spent most of its existence scratching around in the lower leagues.

In recent history, Burnley have shown ambition, have spent more time challenging at the right end of the championship, have shown a real aptitude for bringing through and developing talent and have tasted the success that Brighton aspire to. We play bright, attacking football too.

Whereas Brighton, the nouveau rich, have spent plenty of money and consistently failed at the final hurdle. It's often been pointed out how cynical, dour, and downright dirty some of the football has been also.

Finally, Burnley may not have a shiny new stadium, but what it does have in Turf Moor, is a stadium steeped in history, dignity and respect.

It reflects badly on many of you that you are unable to weigh up such reasons before concluding that the likes of Ward & Barnes are idiots for choosing Burnley over you.

Enjoy your season.

Arrogance and entitlement? You can add ignorance and generally sounding like a **** to that. Oh, you were talking about us? My apologies.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hi all.

I'm a Burnley fan, and I felt compelled to register and talk about Stephen Ward in light of some silly comments ive read over time on here.

I noticed that many posters on this forum have been very uncomplimentary towards Ward & even Barnes, for their decision to choose Burnley over Brighton. My question is why?

Brighton now have a lovely fresh stadium. It is admittedly impressive, but no more so than any of the other recently erected new build stadia that we've seen in recent years.

This stadium, and the chance to play at it, seems to be the main reason why posters here think the aforementioned players should have chosen Brighton over Burnley.

Unfortunately, I'm here to tell you that there are quite a number of reasons why a player would choose Burnley over Brighton.

Firstly, Burnley are a club that has woven strands into the fabric of English football. We are a founding member, multiple title winning team that has spent the majority of it's existence in the upper echelons of the Football League.

Brighton can boast none of this, and has spent most of its existence scratching around in the lower leagues.

In recent history, Burnley have shown ambition, have spent more time challenging at the right end of the championship, have shown a real aptitude for bringing through and developing talent and have tasted the success that Brighton aspire to. We play bright, attacking football too.

Whereas Brighton, the nouveau rich, have spent plenty of money and consistently failed at the final hurdle. It's often been pointed out how cynical, dour, and downright dirty some of the football has been also.

Finally, Burnley may not have a shiny new stadium, but what it does have in Turf Moor, is a stadium steeped in history, dignity and respect.

It reflects badly on many of you that you are unable to weigh up such reasons before concluding that the likes of Ward & Barnes are idiots for choosing Burnley over you.

Enjoy your season.
I used to quite like Burnley as a club until I read that.....now Burnley can **** off.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Most Pal*ce fans that come on here love to have an audience and stir up trouble ,so just ignore their posts ..they wont get a ban and we wont feed them .

seagulls123

Sep 2, 2011
Lincoln
I've heard it all now, 'dignity and respect'? At Burnley? Seriously? I was at Burnley for our game a couple of seasons ago. We lost and I have never been subjected to so much abuse as we received, when leaving that ground, after the game. From grandfathers downwards we were sworn at and consistantly and told how we 'should be ashamed' of our team. I couldn't believe the attitude of the Burnley supporters. Seeing as I have been travelling to away games since the mid '80's this shows how bad it was. I should imagine that it was something along the lines of football in the mid '70's. I vowed never go there again and, so far, have managed to resist the charms of Turf Moor.

If Ward really has chosen Burnley over Brighton because of their fantastic flowing football, history, dignity, respect and their beautiful supporters then good luck to him. I think we all know the reason why he has gone there.

Personally I feel that Ward is okay but nothing more than that and we should have told him weeks ago that we weren't interested when he was mucking us around over money.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Hi all.

Enjoy your season.

Probably not your finest moment here on NSC!
by the way your username is not acceptable and I will be removing the last 6 letters, you will need to know this for when and if you log in again.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Probably not your finest moment here on NSC!
by the way your username is not acceptable and I will be removing the last 6 letters, you will need to know this for when and if you log in again.

Is 16 - 18 - 9 - 3 - 11 letters of the alphabet appropriate :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here