Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aromatic Crispy Duck

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
For those who like Chinese tucker is this not the food of gods?

First discovered at the Hove Rendezvous in Western Road abot 20 years ago and have loved it ever since.

How did the chinese think up the maraige of duch and the Hoi Sin sauce.

Is this your favourite Chinese dish or do you have another tantalising food delight?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
another food thread Perry? Hungry?

Until recently i thoguh it was the mother of all food, though I think I have eaten too much of it and now my chinese starter of choice is the Peking Spare Ribs from Preston Garden Chinese or both if hungry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I practically get a semi on every time I have this absolute delight of a dish. The hoi sin sauce, the spring onion, the crispy skin of the duck with the succulent flesh, all wrapped up in a warm pancake roll....I'm getting aroused now just thinking about it.

Food of the Gods ? I couldn't agree more.

I like to follow it up with chicken and cashew nuts in yellow bean sauce, fried crispy seaweed and prawn sesame toast (to mop up the juice). No wonder I'm such a fat bastard.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Easy I am getting seriously worried that you and I were separated at birth..next thing you will be telling me is that you follow a homely football club on the south coast with a tremendous passion coupled with a wicked sense of humour!!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
maffew said:
another food thread Perry? Hungry?

Until recently i thoguh it was the mother of all food, though I think I have eaten too much of it and now my chinese starter of choice is the Peking Spare Ribs from Preston Garden Chinese or both if hungry

Yes bloody starving. Do you think the food vans at Withdean would knock me up some Crispy Duck or even Deep Fried Chile beef on a bed of egg fried rice?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
Easy I am getting seriously worried that you and I were separated at birth..next thing you will be telling me is that you follow a homely football club on the south coast with a tremendous passion coupled with a wicked sense of humour!!!
Perhaps I've found my long-lost brother...*sniff*

Support a homely football club on the south coast though ? Naah, apparently, I just support "a provincial team who are not in the national interest" according to someone-or-other. Which is a shame, cos I'm CONVINCED they're a lot more than that. But if thats what the experts say...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good call love the stuff - especially the skin.

Always have duck Christmas Day.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
i miss the canton chef in haywards heath so much when im away... the thought of a chinese now is making my mouth water!!
:drool: :drool:

shame i have no money to buy one :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Tesco Crispy Aromatic Duck is pretty damn good. Normally a tenner for half a duck, 10 pancakes, hoi sin sauce and spring onions...and quite often its £7.50 on offer.

Now THAT is UNMISSABLE value.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
For those who like Chinese tucker is this not the food of gods?

First discovered at the Hove Rendezvous in Western Road abot 20 years ago and have loved it ever since.

How did the chinese think up the maraige of duch and the Hoi Sin sauce.

Is this your favourite Chinese dish or do you have another tantalising food delight?

Actually had the real proper legit Crispy Aromatic Duck when i was in Beijing last month. Truely is the food of Gods and knocked the spots off of anything they cook over here. I was actually salivating when they were serving it in the restaurant that was dedicated to serving just that one dish!

Grizz

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
AROMA is the way forward.

anyone ever been to one of these?

As much crispy duck as you can handle, and around 100 odd other dishes you can think of. SUPERB.

Last edited:

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
Cant beat the real thing

Get a Chinese wife like me and you will enjoy the real authentic Chinese food and you can't beat the restaurants in China it puts the take away's here to shame I have not set foot in a Chinese take away since my marriage and never will again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here