Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Armed police incident on Portland Road,Hove

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
While I accept I don't know the full details, that's an awful lot of police officers for an incident that even the police say is involving one person in one flat. Yet they claim they have budget issues.

Their response varies according to the information they have received about an incident and the number of units in the area that are not already tied up. There have most definitely been cuts to the police budget and ergo, their numbers and their ability to investigate crime.

I think that if you are a car driver you will have noticed the reduced numbers of police on the road and the commensurate increase in complete idiots on the road who seem to ignore the law with impunity.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed, and it would be no surprise if this incident used up half of the Sussex force’s monthly budget. There’s a fine line between dealing with criminals and dealing with those with mental health issues. Budgets for both are at an all time low.

This. It's common knowledge that the police are having to cope with people with mental health issues as they have fallen through the net. I have a friend who works in the mental health field and last week she was unable to " refer " someone for treatment and extra support as there was no room left in any of the local mental health units. She told me that the person was vulnerable and she was praying they could get through the weekend without support from the crisis team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here