Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Armchair fans

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Why would they want to try to get a (probably more scarce) ticket in the away end, rather than sit with the other poor, misguided individuals that support Spurs?

Because they've never been to a Spurs game....and have no supporter history, thus no ticket....but do have mates that could get them tickets in our end, or more realistically have supporter history and possibly even a ST with us...

el punal

They should all be deported to their respective club's locality.

Starting with "Spurs fans" ----> Edmonton.

Oh please! I hope you don't mean that. I live in Southampton, my wife is from Southampton, our two daughters born and bred in Southampton and we are all ALBION fans. I trust that you are not inferring that we should all be Saints fans. :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't have any.
I've got 3 sofas so i guess I'm not a fan of the armchair.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
or more realistically have supporter history and possibly even a ST with us...

Don't they have a right to get ticket/s for Spurs away though?
If they pump money into our club, being ST Holders and/or Support History etc?

If the above mentioned people are genuine Spurs fans, it'll be a bit easier to get a ticket in the home end for a weekday League Cup game against little Brighton.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Oh please! I hope you don't mean that. I live in Southampton, my wife is from Southampton, our two daughters born and bred in Southampton and we are all ALBION fans. I trust that you are not inferring that we should all be Saints fans. :ohmy:

No, I'm suggesting that if they have any self respect the Southampton County Council will move to have you deported to Brighton immediately.

You lucky sod.

:jester:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
My daughter came home one night last year wearing her boyfriends Man Utd shirt. I waited for her to take it off and go to bed then made my hairy labrador wear it and run around the garden in the rain whilst filming it for her boyfriends facebook page. The shirt never entered the house again. :lolol:

:bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool and man u have by far the biggest domestic fan base. Their fans are spread evenly around. All the other teams are popular in their respective region of the country. I used to live in Liverpool. Loads of Evertonians obviously but I never met a Spurs fan who was a scouser.

North of the home counties, on holidays / travels, have never met anyone with an interest in Spurs. Always, including SE England, tons of ManU and Liverpool fans, with lots of Arsenal and Chelsea fans in the south from the dozen-odd most recent years from having prominence at the top end of the PL and CL exposure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because they've never been to a Spurs game....and have no supporter history, thus no ticket....but do have mates that could get them tickets in our end, or more realistically have supporter history and possibly even a ST with us...

Spurs didn't come anywhere near selling out against Forest so would have plenty of room for more fans. I doubt that they would need a 'history' to get a ticket in the home end.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They are still fans. Just not supporters.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Spurs didn't come anywhere near selling out against Forest so would have plenty of room for more fans. I doubt that they would need a 'history' to get a ticket in the home end.
But they would need to move their arse. Which is the OPs point I believe.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've a friend who lives in Sussex and is a Spurs fan, but he does try to get to as many matches as his job allows. He does also join his girlfriend (who is an Albion fan) to games at the Amex.

Their house is going to be interesting that evening.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But they would need to move their arse. Which is the OPs point I believe.

Her point is that she thinks they will be taking 'proper fans' tickets in the away end. That's where loyalty points come in.
If they've been to enough Brighton games to get enough loyalty points, then they're not armchair fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Her point is that she thinks they will be taking 'proper fans' tickets in the away end. That's where loyalty points come in.
If they've been to enough Brighton games to get enough loyalty points, then they're not armchair fans.

No idea...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I know far too many Brighton born Spurs fans, and seen so many comments that look like this, appear on FB and Twitter overnight :

'oh cool, Spurs v Brighton. Wish it was at the Amex though, cause then I would go and watch it.' :facepalm:

I know at least 4 who have never even been to North London in their life.

I have a feeling we might find many occasional Brighton/Armchair Spurs fans taking up space in the Away end when we play the game. This is going to be irritating.

People support teams for all sorts of reasons. Just because people don't go to games, it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

You don't need a supporter history to get a ticket at spurs. I've been to see them twice in the last 3 years and just signed up and bought a ticket - no questions asked. It'll be easier for them to do that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I know far too many Brighton born Spurs fans, and seen so many comments that look like this, appear on FB and Twitter overnight :

'oh cool, Spurs v Brighton. Wish it was at the Amex though, cause then I would go and watch it.' :facepalm:

I know at least 4 who have never even been to North London in their life.

I have a feeling we might find many occasional Brighton/Armchair Spurs fans taking up space in the Away end when we play the game. This is going to be irritating.

Stay off FaceBook and Twitter and you won't be pissing your pants every five minutes about stuff that doesn't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here