Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Arkles Liverpool

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
I ended up watching the Newcastle game in 'The Scholar' in town: £2 a pint. 5 pints for a tenner and watch the game on a big screen.

Also, Arkles is a bit of a dive, Flat Iron a far better pub only down the road from there.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I ended up watching the Newcastle game in 'The Scholar' in town: £2 a pint. 5 pints for a tenner and watch the game on a big screen.

Also, Arkles is a bit of a dive, Flat Iron a far better pub only down the road from there.
Avoided me though sadly

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'm tempted to say you went to the wrong pub as the Ship and Mitre was excellent. That said, I cannot actually remember what I paid for a pint there. Or much of Saturday. :drink:
Yeah great pub, bit of a surprise. Most pints were around a fiver tbh, and they had one of the best selections I've ever seen at a matchday pub. Also, if it's good enough for the King of the North, it's good enough for me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Went in the 'Peoples Pub', Winslow Hotel.

A few quiet ones surrounded by home shirts on the walls and home fans.

Busker/singer guy was pretty good.

One local sussed us out but we had a bit of cheeky banter.

Cash only ffs.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Seems fair enough to change the price according to the demand. We went to a pizza restaurant in Birmingham during the Ashes on the Thursday night, liked it enough to go back on the Saturday and the bill was a fair bit higher for not far off the same order. They then showed me their 2 different menus with 2 different prices according to whether it was midweek or weekends. It was probably advertised somewhere but I hadn’t noticed - actually it seemed ok to do that, in retrospect, though I was a bit surprised at the time!

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I went into a back street pub called the Top House which was full of toffees. We had a pint of Cruzcampo and a pint of Worthington which was £8.40. That's considerably more than my local Witherspoons where I recently bought a Carling and a Green King IPA for £4.58 The IPA has just gone up to 1.77 - it used to be 1.71.

My local Wetherspoons is the cheapest in the country.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm tempted to say you went to the wrong pub as the Ship and Mitre was excellent. That said, I cannot actually remember what I paid for a pint there. Or much of Saturday. :drink:
Also went in and agree :
1-Good beer
2-Bowl of Scouse.
3- interesting flush mechanism in the khazi.
4- Andy Burnham having a pint.

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Most beers were £4 a pint and they were rather excellent- we even went back for another after the game.
I might have paid slightly more as, true to my name, I was on the stout. The oaty one in the back bar was tremendous.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Went in the 'Peoples Pub', Winslow Hotel.

A few quiet ones surrounded by home shirts on the walls and home fans.

Busker/singer guy was pretty good.

One local sussed us out but we had a bit of cheeky banter.

Cash only ffs.
Are you sure you were in the Winslow?
I met a friend in there who was wearing colours and nobody made any comment at all. Not even about our obvious southern accents. I also paid by card. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are you sure you were in the Winslow?
I met a friend in there who was wearing colours and nobody made any comment at all. Not even about our obvious southern accents. I also paid by card. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Pretty sure, I less someone had nicked their windows and exterior livery.
There nice and early, welcomed in and some nice friendly banter.
Maybe it was all a dream and I made it up, I'll check with my colleagues.
:moo:

You DO know there are two sections, a home and away bit?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yep, our group of 8 went to Ship & Mitre, fantastic traditional pub with at least 25 ales (keg and hand pull), stouts, ciders and yellow stuff. Food also excellent. 5 minute walk from LLS station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here