Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whether it is Obika or whoever it will be a recommendation by Burke approved and ultimately sanctioned/signed-off by OG.. . nothing to do with Barber :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how we are getting on with this?

Not really needed just yet IMO. As long as Ulloa stays fit we don't need another striker desperately and certainly won't get a quality striker who is willing to be a bench sitter. If Ulloa gets injured we will need and probably be able to get a quality striker who will get guaranteed match time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not really needed just yet IMO. As long as Ulloa stays fit we don't need another striker desperately and certainly won't get a quality striker who is willing to be a bench sitter. If Ulloa gets injured we will need and probably be able to get a quality striker who will get guaranteed match time.

disagree, we have 3 strikers injured. We need a striker on the bench.

Less need when Barnes fit as can get by until CMS returns.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The best idea is to get the deal done and then signed at the last available moment, 93 days needs to be well timed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
disagree, we have 3 strikers injured. We need a striker on the bench.

Less need when Barnes fit as can get by until CMS returns.

In an ideal world yes but can you think of a decent striker who'd come from a better squad knowing he was only going to get on the pitch late in a game, maybe?

I think we'd only get a low quality or unproven striker if he wasn't pretty well guaranteed regular football, except if we could borrow a Kevin Phillips type of ageing striker, and I can't think of one of those that might be available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some people on this site (wrongly, in my opinion) moan about him an awful lot, but what this whole sorry situation shows me is that Mackail-Smith is a VERY important player for us. Most SBC teams have at least two proven strikers who carry a threat, and ours are Ulloa and CMS. We desperately need both fit so that we always have a good option off the bench.

Somebody must have hacked into your account as you have said something that I agree with:lolol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We will announce it on Saturday morning I'd expect if we do make a signing as we then get to keep the player for 93 days after that, hence no point announcing it today. The deal could already be done, who knows.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Obika is injured with an ankle injury, we're waiting for him to regain fitness to make a move for him. Biggest panic signing ever.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We will announce it on Saturday morning I'd expect if we do make a signing as we then get to keep the player for 93 days after that, hence no point announcing it today. The deal could already be done, who knows.

I was told that the deal was done, but may be delayed depending on when we want it to start, and could wait until after QPR even.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Clearly another non-event story by the Argus.....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whether it is Obika or whoever it will be a recommendation by Burke approved and ultimately sanctioned/signed-off by OG.. . nothing to do with Barber :lolol:

Or Garcia.

I understand from my sauce that a striker will be brought in during the next couple of days But it is not a name that has been bandied about on here.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Or Garcia.

I understand from my sauce that a striker will be brought in during the next couple of days But it is not a name that has been bandied about on here.

IF that's true, then that would be because Obika's ankle injury is going to take longer to heal than first expected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here