Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why on earth does anyone think former players like Mayo and Virgo would have any inside knowledge of our transfers in the first place? :facepalm:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why on earth does anyone think former players like Mayo and Virgo would have any inside knowledge of our transfers in the first place? :facepalm:

The person who runs the Oscar Garcia fan page did say that the info had come from a good source inside the club, so neither Mayo nor Virgo. We'll see, won't we?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Also we're unlikely to announce a loan player until the window opens which is not until September 10th.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I take your point, but they would both be matey with the likes of Carpenter, Watson, Cullip and Jones, who all still work at the club. Mayo is bosom buddies with CMS, too. Also, isn't Mayo involved in some kind of agent business?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Friday 13th September (last day to register a loanee to play at Reading on the Sunday) to Saturday 14th December (the day we play Boro away) is 93 days exactly (the maximum loan period) so dont hold your breath for an announcement before the end of next week.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Friday 13th September (last day to register a loanee to play at Reading on the Sunday) to Saturday 14th December (the day we play Boro away) is 93 days exactly (the maximum loan period) so dont hold your breath for an announcement before the end of next week.
Good post. Thank you.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

True, but if the deal is done, then it makes sense for all parties if the player starts training with us now (and that would trigger the announcement) even if teh formal paperwork isn't dated and submitted until next Friday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I trout loans could occur up until 12.30 on the day of a 3pm kick off, so we could sign a loanees on the Saturday (assuming Sundays are days off for administration staff? Otherwise possibly even Sunday morning?

Aug 23, 2011
I trout loans could occur up until 12.30 on the day of a 3pm kick off, so we could sign a loanees on the Saturday (assuming Sundays are days off for administration staff? Otherwise possibly even Sunday morning?

How would loaning a trout help things? Is that really something you would want to loan? I could see a salmon being good for set pieces as they can jump but i'm not au fait with the trout. Personally i would rather the club bought their trout outright

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

How would loaning a trout help things? Is that really something you would want to loan? I could see a salmon being good for set pieces as they can jump but i'm not au fait with the trout. Personally i would rather the club bought their trout outright

Will you stop carping on about this bloody loan signing

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

The SOLE purpose if this thread is discuss a potential loan signing. Stay on topic please.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I always have trouble with thought on my iPad, the gh never gets acknowledged, then the autocorrect changes thout to trout. It happens annoyingly frequently, I should really pay more attention. However, this is NSC where any excuse to start fish puns is leapt upon, so I say let it happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
someone training with us before signing is possible but not sure about insurance if injured seems unlikely but never say no!
Signing on Saturday is absolutely possible but wont make the player available for any more games so no point if a deal is indeed already lined up.

Connor Sammon did you say?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports