Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are your DECCIES down ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Went to Bradford City away in mid January 1989, strip pub at the top of the road, The Belle Vue, 20p to get in, topless DJ in addition to the ‘dancers’, came out to make our way down to the ground and there was house still with all theirs up, possibly some sort of record?

But in answer to the original question ours came down today.

That place has quite a historic significance to the club by the looks of it: https://bradfordsporthistory.com/2018/02/20/23-sep-18/

Now an abandoned mosque.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Took them down this morning after getting home from a New Year break

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mine has started watching the tv and barking at random animals, went completely bonkers at a goat on Countryfile earlier and just had a go at a polar bear :lolol: We watched the Doc Martin Christmas special and she was barking at the policeman:facepalm:
Yeah but he is a ****

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’re burning our wicker effigy tonight to celebrate the taking down of the decorations…… Britt is coming round I think.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm currently 3/4 of the way through it. Broken one set of lights and am now sat on my arse watching shite on the telly as I've got bored of it. I'm about 15 minutes away from an argument with the wife.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Usually take ours down on NYD, but this year my wife took them down on NYE, whilst I was recovering from wretched Covid caught on Christmas Day at our daughter’s.
I love the pre Christmas build up, but once you’ve had your pud that’s Christmas finished for me!
Still feels cosy in the sitting room with log burner on and some candles lit on the hearth. That’ll do for us. Just need to get my sense of taste and smell back, they have gone completely, then I can enjoy a whisky again.🥃👍

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What an absolute MISSION. It took half the day for us to disassemble the tree, pack all the glowing TAT away (after removing the batteries), scale a ladder to take down all the outside lights, move the tables, lamps and birdcage back into position, hoover up all the glitter and shit, polish the surfaces, box and bag everything up, hump it all up the stairs and then up into the attic. I must admit our living room is like Blackpool Tower at Christmas, but in my defence, I do have grandkids.

Anyway, it all comes back down again in 11 months for the cycle to begin again assuming I'm not crippled. But right now, I'm enjoying a spiced rum, with my newly uncluttered living room being back to normal, safe in the knowledge its not going to take me 15 minutes to turn all the lights off before I shuffle off to bed tonight. For the first time in a month.

Is it worth it ? If I say 'no', then apparently I'm a "Victor" :rolleyes:
5 minute job at ours!

All our decs and lights fit in a small carrier bag.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Always put them up on the 13th then down on the 6th
Won't change now
I've always enjoyed Christmas
Imagine the whole winter without it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
All down this morning and back in the loft. We’re going away tomorrow for a couple of nights, and Friday would be too late.

we work on Deccies down on or before 5th. Some people do 6th.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Down 2 Jan, they didn't stand a chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here